Nothing's perfect
By grandma of 5 on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
My choice was between a Mercedes R Class & a 2011 Odyssey. Interior features & sliding doors beat out the R Class, but after less than 2 weeks, I'm having doubts. There is no way to sugar coat the lack of quality in this vehicle. The tinted windows are streaked & hazy & cannot be cleaned. The carpet is ridiculously thin and poorly installed. The flimsy fabric on the seat backs will surely deteriorate & rip out. The plastic interior finishes do not connect & the exterior panels do not line up. There is a surprising amount of wind noise on the highway. I am worried how I'll feel in 11 months if this is how I feel in 11 days. I regret not buying the R Class.
Favorite Features
interior features and amenities
Suggested Improvements
The Odyssey severely lacks quality finishes! This is worse than any of the seven new vehicles we bought over the last twenty years! We are empty nesters, but there's no way this vehicle could stand the test of children riding in it daily. Buyer beware!
By ourhouse
on 03/26/11 22:12 PM (PDT)

True, nothing is perfect. I find it surprising that your salesperson would not let you look the vehicle over before your purchase. I mean, really, it only takes 10 -15 minutes to go over the car and check the fabric, plastic panels, exterior panels etc. Did you drive it? Certainly you would have noticed all the wind noise on a test drive. BTW....what did you use on the windows to cause them to streak?....Are you a smoker? Have you taken it to the dealer ?