2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Honda = Lemon

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment)

Honda = Lemon
By paul on

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Honda. No longer. Had civics, accords, and now the odysseys (owned a 2003 before). Had problems with the steering reservoir, gear hunting at 40 mph, delay in shifting to "d", brake rotors, and now a leaky steering rack! Talked to Honda customer service who was no help and not at all sympathetic. Honda wants $1400 for a new steering rack. I've owned 10 cars and never had a leaky steering rack. And I've had many cars over 150k miles. The quality seems to have gone down and the customer service has definitely gone down. After having owned 6 hondas in the past, I will not buy another Honda.

great interior design, clever use of space, seats, cubbyholes, etc. good power and handling for a minivan. more rigid body than the gen 2. sliding doors that finally work.

build quality needs to improve. customer service needs to drastically improve when a defect is found. Honda does not appear to care about customer retention anymore, must think that a sucker is born every minute.