Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Severe Transmission Problem
By 2007 Odyssey Owner

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Honda Odyssey is less than 4 years old and it now has 53K miles. It started juddering slightly soon after I got it. Every time I took it back to the dealership, I was told my brake was bad and my tires were bad. With a new front brake and all four new tires, the judder continued and got much worse. I again took it back and also received the recall notice Honda at about the same time. I was told that the software update should take care of this problem, but it did not. I took it back again and another software update and the transmission fluid flush was performed. It was good for three days and the problem returned. I contacted Honda CS and did not get a decent response.

Favorite Features

Spaces and would be comfortable if does not judder.

Suggested Improvements

I do not know how many other Odyssey have the same problem as mine. Honda must address this transmission issue as soon as possible before anyone gets hurt. We are still driving uphill (where we live) everyday with the very severe judder problem.

Disappointed
By Marcie

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed in my minivan. I love the power sliding doors and roomy interior. Trans has had problems from day one. It acts like it doesn't know what to do, go up or down. Taken it in several times, they said had to replace torque converter then another recall. All that messing w/trans has caused motor mounts that need to be replaced and last week the ac went out. They said compressor is bad. Very sad customer.

My dream mini van is a bad nightmare!
By My last honda

60,000 miles - on my 3rd set of tires. brakes at 40,000 miles. new back gate lift rods at 36,000 miles. I have to scream to talk to my kids in the back seat. Super loud road noise. replace the back struts at 45,000. Goodness! We paid good money for this high quality vehicle. What happened? I have never reach the MPG recommended by Honda. we get 17-18 in town.

Favorite Features

Design kid friendly

Suggested Improvements

I don't know where to begin. Poor quality. Very disappointed!

Is Honda reliable anymore?
By Gabe

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since 2007, 24K miles. In the firs three months I the Cd player stopped working, oil moist under oil pan, leaking radiator and bad catalyst converter- Honda fixed it for free because it was under factory warranty. Cost aprox $3,00.00 The transmission shifts rough sometimes. Engine pinging noise- preignition? Power Steering leak! At 72K miles the Crankshaft Pulley is out- need new belt and pulley just the parts $450.00 parts and labor. 74K brake recall. I took the vehicle in and more problems: TPMS sensor out- $150.00, CV axle $350.00, Motor Mounts $500.00. All the maintenance was done on time. I am just wondering where is the Reliability Honda used have?

Favorite Features

Great Engine Design and Power. Great storage w a lot of compartments inside. Very good handling!

Suggested Improvements

Better Brakes,too much road noise, paint quality, transmission should shift smoother, Power Steering, BETTER PARTS! Gas mileage could be better! Honda should value its customers.

An awful vehicle
By Mark

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this Car to replace an Accord. What a mistake! We have spent nearly $2000 on repairs not including the brakes every 20,000. The car was making a noise and shuddering so the dealer said it was the bearings. The AC stopped working The dealer tried to charge $199 to look at it. I fought and they took $100 off the bill. We could not afford to replace the leaking condenser $799! This is a design flaw the ac cond is in an unprotected place in the front of the vehicle where the grille is wide open. If Honda installed a $10 grill to protect it would have never have happened. After owning 4 Hondas I am never buying one again. The quality is now worse than any car on the road.

Favorite Features

The vehicle is spacious

Suggested Improvements

Improve design flaws. Brakes are awful ac