Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Transmission/Brake Problems DO NOT BUY
By Gene

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Horrible transmission shudder. Rotors warped at 28k. I usually get 70k out of brakes. Transmission has been in twice for updates, etc. Still horrible. Huge delay when shifting into park. You sometimes end up doing a neutral drop by accident. Gear hunting at 35-40 mph. Can't make up its mind and just pulses. Did I mention transmission problems? You can take to dealer but there is no "real" fix. Just a bad product. I was a Honda person, through and through. Now, not so much. This cost me 35k and it drives like a 15k automobile. Extremely disappointed. Glad I bought the 7 yr 120k warranty as I think I am going to need it. Pretty sad to say that about a Honda.:- ((

Kids like the Entertainment system. Controls are nice. Pretty easy to change Oil too.

Recall Transmissions, not just a "software update" There is a problem, own up to it and fix it. Put some Honda Quality back into your products, or end up down with the Nissan's.

Extremely Happy So Far!
By zawski961

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Let me get right to the point. There is no transmission shutter at 30 mph and 50+ mph in the 2007 Honda Odyssey EX that I purchased this past June. The brakes are fine. My minivan was not manufactured at the plant that produced all the 2007 Odysseys that had to be recalled for the brakes. I promised myself that I would write a review 1 month after I purchased this used 2007 Odyssey EX after making a couple of 250 mile round trips and seeing how the van rode locally and on the highway. I'm very happy with this minivan and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good used minivan. I'll probably write again with an updated review after 6 months.

Cruise control, rear climate control, and the stowable middle passenger seat that allows passenger captain's chairs to be pushed together if the middle seat is stored. Also, the ride is very smooth and quiet and it accelerates from 0-60 very quickly for a minivan.

Overall no major suggestions or improvements. It could have been a little easier to install my satellite radio antenna. The dashboard and console isn't great for mounting the satellite receiver either but these are very minor complaints.

Severe Transmission Problem
By 2007 Odyssey Owner

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Honda Odyssey is less than 4 years old and it now has 53K miles. It started juddering slightly soon after I got it. Every time I took it back to the dealership, I was told my brake was bad and my tires were bad. With a new front brake and all four new tires, the judder continued and got much worse. I again took it back and also received the recall notice Honda at about the same time. I was told that the software update should take care of this problem, but it did not. I took it back again and another software update and the transmission fluid flush was performed. It was good for three days and the problem returned. I contacted Honda CS and did not get a decent response.

Spaces and would be comfortable if does not judder.

I do not know how many other Odyssey have the same problem as mine. Honda must address this transmission issue as soon as possible before anyone gets hurt. We are still driving uphill (where we live) everyday with the very severe judder problem.

Disappointed
By Marcie

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed in my minivan. I love the power sliding doors and roomy interior. Trans has had problems from day one. It acts like it doesn't know what to do, go up or down. Taken it in several times, they said had to replace torque converter then another recall. All that messing w/trans has caused motor mounts that need to be replaced and last week the ac went out. They said compressor is bad. Very sad customer.

My dream mini van is a bad nightmare!
By My last honda

60,000 miles - on my 3rd set of tires. brakes at 40,000 miles. new back gate lift rods at 36,000 miles. I have to scream to talk to my kids in the back seat. Super loud road noise. replace the back struts at 45,000. Goodness! We paid good money for this high quality vehicle. What happened? I have never reach the MPG recommended by Honda. we get 17-18 in town.

Design kid friendly

I don't know where to begin. Poor quality. Very disappointed!

• SUV