2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Problems, problems, problems.
By edmund21 on 04/10/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, a bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda.

Problems, Problems, Problems.
By edmund21 on 04/08/14 20:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Premature rotor warping, premature rack seal leak. The power steering pump was recalled. 3 months later the power steering rack starts leaking. This is a common problem in Odysseys- the bad pump could let air into the system. Honda USA was dismissive and offered no goodwill. The dealer I bought the van used from installed new front rotors and pads. 8 months later they warped. I don't drive hard or brake at high speeds. I installed new Centric premium rotors and pads. They warped in 8 months. Front brake rotors usually last me 2-3 years. The Odyssey has badly designed brakes and power steering systems. DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY.

Still Running Great
By sb2323 on 07/22/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2009. It now has 120,000 miles, a mix of long highway driving and short trips. This car has not been babied. Only maintenance is oil/filter changes. We've had to put a couple thousand dollars into it replacing normal aging things. Passenger side door has to be pulled twice to get it to close or open and it kinda thuds when it does. The cloth interior has a lot of worn spots and paint around the bumper is peeling in places. Overall it's been a great car. The kids hate driving in an "uncool" minivan but love having room for a bunch of friends. They love the interior as well. This car is great for long road trips. Very comfortable. I plan to drive it another 100,000.

So Far So Good 68,000 miles!
By mlady on 01/22/12 19:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm surprised at how many wrote in saying they were disappointed with the 07) but the star rating they gave the van was 4 stars--huh? This is our second Odyssey. Our first was a 2004 lease that was very nice. A few problems we had with the 04 were covered under warranty. The battery had to be replaced, rear window in the back motor had to be replaced. And even though I hit the button to lock the car (and heard the beep) one of the back doors was not locking. For our 2007 . We now have 68,000 miles on the car and it has been very reliable (knock on wood) all we had to do was normal maintenance. New tires, alignment, battery, and brakes. We did replace the battery (with in first 2 years

Bad 2007 Odyssey
By eric1987 on 01/06/12 05:24 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and last Honda. We get only 12 MPG in city and the dealership says it is within specs. At 55K miles on 3rd battery, tire rods had to be replaced, power steering pump replaced and now the motor mounts being replace. When we took it in for the tire rods they informed us that the motor mounts were bad, however, they failed to tell us it was under warranty and wanted us to pay $1K. Read the warranty book and found out it was covered. Discussed with the service manager and got a BS excuse for not informing us that it was covered. Piece of junk.

Axle/Transmission/Steering - Bad
By Robert on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy one of these. This will be the fifth time going to the dealership for repairs! The transmission, axles, wheels, steering, are poorly made. I will never buy another Honda again (unless they give me a huge amount of money to trade this minivan in for something else).

Bad Decision
By Odyssey EX on 08/28/10 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used April,2010 My complaint issues are cheap plastic on the interior that seems to scratch if anything touches it. The passenger slider door needed guide roller replaced at 47,000. It now sometimes jams when opening. The dealer tells me this is a safety feature that activates when the window is down. It activates on ours without the window down. Also, that door sticks and our 9 year old daughter can't open it. They have put their door grease on it several times and it doesn't help. Transmission labors at 50 mph. Recall did not help this. Service rep says he has one that does the same. Also The seats are not even close to Chrysler for ride comfort. I'm trading for Chrysler

Extremely Happy So Far!
By zawski961 on 07/05/10 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Let me get right to the point. There is no transmission shutter at 30 mph and 50+ mph in the 2007 Honda Odyssey EX that I purchased this past June. The brakes are fine. My minivan was not manufactured at the plant that produced all the 2007 Odysseys that had to be recalled for the brakes. I promised myself that I would write a review 1 month after I purchased this used 2007 Odyssey EX after making a couple of 250 mile round trips and seeing how the van rode locally and on the highway. I'm very happy with this minivan and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good used minivan. I'll probably write again with an updated review after 6 months.

Brakes for Life
By ron graz on 03/31/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Many people are talking about the 2007 brake recall on thousands of these mini vans. I got an extremely great deal when I purchased this vehicle used that I knew I would be putting a few bucks into the van. Having said this I realized right away that something was not right in the front end. Long story short, air is finding it's way into the brake lines. As a mechanic I remedied the problem by bleeding all 4 calipers and also a full rotor and pad replacement on all 4 wheels. Immediate results and to date has not recurred. I did not use genuine Honda rotors as they have a history of being thin and warping easily. I used a quality after market.

Will not buy at end of lease
By sftwr-dude on 02/14/10 22:51 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We leased this vehicle with the intention of buying at the end of the lease but have had quite a few problems with it. First, the shaking at 35 mph, which Honda originally said would be fixed with a software update. The shutter persisted and we found that the torque converter was going bad. That was replaced under warranty. The brakes make a loud creaking sound, but Honda says that's normal. That sounds has been getting louder and louder. Now the power steering seems to be slacking off. Turning the wheel has become increasingly harder. We will return this upon lease completion and maybe switch to a Sienna. It's too bad because we like Honda.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.