1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Started Up EVERY Time, No Trouble Car
By PDesai on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I actually leased this vehicle, and a better symbol of reliability I have not seen. Started up every single time (summer or winter) and never ever had any problems. The car is not made for luxury by any means, but if you need a quick commute car, this is it! Also, I'm 6'3" and I fit in no probs!

Moms Honda
By Justinkw on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I'm writing this review for my moms car since I can't drive cause I'm only 12 (I love cars). The ride is nice from a compact. No rattles or annoying noises. Wind noise is kept under control, but gets loud when sunroof is open. The only flaw is the audio system-it does not get loud enough to over come the wind noise, so my mom will have the volume turned up almost all the way and I dont think its blasted.

2000 Civic Si
By mckrooz on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in '00. This car is an absolute blast to drive. The VTEC just sings at 5500rpm. Throw on an AEM intake and look out. Sounds like a beast! Don't settle for the SOHC. Go all the way for DOHC. The car is very quick and responsive. It handles well. The stock Michelens are absolute crap! Needs wider tires from the factory. Seats are not to supportive considering I'm buying the "sporty" version.

Great little car...great price!
By Cinjme on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Honda civic 4dr Ex is an very pratical little car that looks and drives like a sports car....great on gas city or highway, very comfortable and roomy, has lots of power and control. Ex comes with extra's...moonroof, ABS, CD stereo,sleeker body style.....I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for these qualities in a car!

I'll never get another Honda again
By A. Nymous on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This was the first new car I've ever owned and it is the last Honda I will ever own. What a lemon! I've had the entire electrical system replaced TWICE and still there are problems. I put the car in park, the radio shuts off. I press the cruise control, the dome light comes on. The engine cuts out or just won't start for no reason, I can't go over 50 mph with the AC on or it shoots to 5000 rpm, and the body quality is pathetic. I was "bumped" by an SUV at about 1 mph and it caused over $1500 in damages. I only wish he had hit me harder and totalled the car so I would never have to deal with it again. Not Honda, never again.

Trouble-free
By Winz on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Mine is a european 1400cc/90hp version. Yet it's quite fun to drive, and can carry 4 adults w/bags. The handling is good, w/ a nice shift (manual). The interior is still as news after 3 years, though the grey color is kinda dull (IMO). I would highly recommend this car, especially used, because of superior quality, reliability and small price. Winz, Paris, France.

I can't stop driving this!!!
By Kangol on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

There isn't much I don't like about this car....even though its still stock! It comes with all the options. I have more room in this civic than in my previous two cars(89 camry, 90 camry). The gas mileage is an added bonus. The snappy VTEC engine gives you the power you need in a coupe. You definately get good bang for the buck.

Great Car
By WillSi on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Before I had an Si I drove a Civic EX. It was a good looking reliable car, but it was pretty slow. Then I got a 99 Si. Boy was a I blown away by the looks, preformance and reliablity that this car has.

Cheap, head-turning fun
By Mr Bigg on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drive. It loves to be driven like a race car, but at the same time it is a great daily driver, smooth and quiet. VTEC gives this car a split personality above and below 4000 revs.

A great car
By Jizeff on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I leased a '99 Honda Civic EX for three years. Just turned it in yesterday. I never had a single problem with it. Just one flat tire in three years. Only complaints are the cup holders, instrument panel lighting, and the so- so acceleration. It handles fairly well. Good visibility out the front and rear.