Used 1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Bad idea..
By big_clocks

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a couple months ago thinking it would be a good investment because of how reliable civics are known to be and because of their gas mileage. Well, I get 30mpg all day, but this car has not been reliable for me. Had fuel issues when I bought it and now has a vacuum leak that has been impossible to trace, and my transmission shifts sloppy as well. Forgot to mention I bought this car with only 132k miles. Will definitely be staying away from civics from now on, only Honda I would own again is a Prelude, which I owned before this car. Stay away from this car unless you have money to throw into it.

Favorite Features

None.

I will keep this car forever
By David N.

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Civic as a used "certified" car with 41,000 miles on it. The car was bought new from the dealer I purchased it from, serviced there, and then traded on another (same color even!) The car is a blast to drive, and looks good getting great mileage. I took it on a trip recently and even with a lot of secondary road travel, I got 41 mpg. I have the taller spoiler and have been asked what kind of car it is (it has been mistaken for a prelude by some) I just had it painted at a cost of 4,982 dollars due to a gravel hauler incident (no body work, just paint) and plan to pull it off the road for the winters now. When I pay it off, I'll buy a little larger Accord and have fun with this one

Favorite Features

Sunroof, spoiler, interior finish, red and clear wrap around tail lights, passenger seat that comes forward allowing me to have a 2 door and a 4 year old daughter. Love the back end of the car, the color of red I have is almost the same color as the tail lights.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the cruise button on the dash, and the controls on the steering wheel aren't the most easy I have used. The cup holders suck, I have not found anything that sits up in them yet, Could use a little more hp, but would rather have the mpg.Rubber where window meets the door is cracking.

As good as it gets!
By Noles

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is a flat out great car. Unmatched reliability for a great price. I have only 84,000 miles on mine and each time I think about getting a new car, I just think about how little it cost me to own this car and I keep it. I get between 300-330 miles between fill-ups and I have never had any problem with the car. Just had routine maintenance done.

Favorite Features

moon roof

Suggested Improvements

a little more head room for us tall people!

I Love My Civic!
By alicia

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Civic for nearly 10 years. It is by far the best car I have ever had. I have done the necessary maintenance throughout the years. As a result, it has been very reliable and I've had no mechanical problems with it at all. It gets great gas mileage and is an inexpensive car to own/maintain. I would definitely purchase a Civic again.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and most importantly it is reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I have had issues over the years with the windows coming off track. This is the only annoyance I have experienced with this car.

Excellent car
By MattAC

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I drove this car for almost 13 years and still going strong. This car is reliable, easy to maintain and still looks great.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, maneuverability, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Interior features, seats etc.