2004 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed N

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX V-6 Coupe (3.0L V6 6-speed Manual)

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

Silky smooth V6 engine. Fantastic 6-speed manual transmission! I like the design of the car. With the suspension mods, I love the stance of the car. Ergonomics are excellent. Large trunk with split folding rear seats. I can fit my road bike in the trunk with the seats folded!

The clear coat delaminated at around 160K miles. The paint issue occurred on the trunk and roof. Honda needs to have better paint. Difficult to replace the headlight bulbs. I remove the front bumper to access the back of the headlights so I can replace the bulbs easily. The manual shows that you can access the back of the headlight from the fender wheel well. But I prefer the bumper removal. Major repair: replace rack & pinion unit and engine mount at 152K miles.Other than that, the car has been very reliable.