Used 2004 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Poor Materials and Build Quality
By grizzleybear98 on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got 800 miles on it. Been to dealer to correct issues. Interior headliner improperly fit and of inferior material; rattles and squeaks in dashboard corrected at least temporarily. Odd noise in steering on return to center (sounds like a plastic tube is untwisting) yet to be corrected. Build quality far below my previous 5 Hondas, particularly on the interior. Strange exhaust noise that dealer says is not a leak; sure sounds like a leak. Several paint flaws in front bumper -- paint budbble became pock marks. Dealer is being helpful as possible, but problems remain. Not like the Honda quality from days of old.

nice powerful car
By blair545 on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this car is great

Hondsa Accord
By Jeremy21 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so crucial I just love the style and make of this car.I had to get one all of my freinds have them.

GREAT Value!
By Hesham on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car ever since I saw the spy photos more than a year ago. I took it out for a test- drive and it went up and beyond my expectations. It rides like a dream and, for a 4-cylinder, it's pretty quick! Its Euro-like interior and comfortable leather seats makes you feel like you got WAY more than what you paid for. If you're looking to get a car in this class, you definitely can't go wrong with the Accord. I used to own a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant, I've driven the Toyota Camry, and I've test- driven the Mazda 6; None of them compare to the Accord.

A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing.....
By Unhappyowner on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Honda told me the drastic hesitation experienced after negotiating a turn at an intersection and applying the accelerator normally is just the way the car is engineered, for economy, not all around performance. Don't be fooled by the car's looks! That consistant hesitation ruins the entire experience. From a dead stop there is no problem but if you are coasting or breaking and transition to acceleration you WILL feel the hesitation! Check the trim where the doors meet the windows on the coupe. Look for wrinkles in the glossy film covering the trim piece.

very reliable car
By Komal J on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We test drove several cars such as WV Jetta, Mazda 6, Toyota Celica, BUT we chose to buy Honda Accord. Has high safety ratings. Very reliable and comfortable car. Looks great and drives wonderful. Manager of Honda Rosen was very curteous and helpful, who worked out a best price for us.

Best seller keeps getting better!
By Jon in VA on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't decide on Accord or '04 Solara, but I made ABSOLUTE right choice w/ the HONDA. The Solara's only advantage: more roomy. It feels like I'm driving an ACURA TL-S w/ the powerful V6 & build quality. The suspension could be a lil stiffer on the 5spd AUTO model, but it's not too soft, It gives it a luxury-car feel. Leather seats way more comfy than Mazda6 seats & the Honda 3.0L V6 outperforms in power & response to the Mazda6 EVEN with 5spd MANUAL! It looks like a Benz from the rear w/ the dual exhaust & tail lights. XM radio is the best, esp w/ FREE activation & 3mo trial period. Honda/Acura voice activated navi is BY FAR the best in industry!

Best-seller just keeps getting better!
By Jon E B on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't decide on Accord or '04 Solara, but I made ABSOLUTE right choice w/ the HONDA. The Solara's only advantage: more roomy. It feels like I'm driving an ACURA TL-S w/ the powerful V6 & build quality. The suspension could be a lil stiffer on the 5spd AUTO model, but it's not too soft, It gives it a luxury-car feel. Leather seats way more comfy than Mazda6 seats & the Honda 3.0L V6 outperforms in power and response to the Mazda6 EVEN with 5spd MANUAL! It looks like a Benz from the rear w/ the dual exhaust & tail lights. XM radio is the best, esp w/ FREE activation & 3mo trial period. Voice activated navi by Honda/Acura is BY FAR the best in industry!

Poor Relability
By Mark_S on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second time in two months the car goes back to the shop! All problems have been electrical!

Thanks Honda
By odarabla on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has to be the best midsized car I ever drove. Good performance combined with good styling and handling makes this car a dream of driveing.