2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellent car for money
By Martin on 12/20/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded-in my Chevy Cavalier Coupe 02 for this beauty - 04 Accord DX, 5 speed manual; and I have never regretted this choice. Very comfortable ride, if needed can speed up like 6 cyl.; excellent mileage; I am averaging 27-29 MPG in town and 34-36 MPG on highway. I drive on curvy roads in mountains 2-3 times per week and only thing that I don't like is oversteering, which previous car didn't have any problems. I though that new tires might help, but problem still persists. I believe that weight of engine in front is inconsistent with weight of rest of the car. Only thing that I have done during the year was new tires, some minor break jobs and oil change, but this is OK since I drive 38K/yr.

2004 Accord DX - an outstanding value
By redherring on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After recently comparing various cars, I was surprised to find what an outstanding value the Accord in the DX trim turned out to be. I originaly intended to buy either the Mazda6 or the Toyota Camry, but after test driving those models I decided to check out the Accord. While the base DX is somewhat spartan with some of the luxury items as compared to the Mazda or Toyota, it was also thousands of dollars less, and had a much more solid feel than the competition.