Used 2004 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

THE CAR IS A TROOPER
By JACKIE

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

145000 miles had since new Sep 2003 ,,now son has been driving it last 4 years, in his last year of college. Other than normal wear items The car has been wonderful...

every year something new
By rashadr

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i like my 2004 accord but honda really mess up the electronics that comes in the car. like my radio went out in 2008 and now i have to get key because it won't lock or aything but my key light still comes on when i press a button and i already had replace it before.And i also had to replace the transmission and it only got 103,000 miles.its a fun car to drive and it get very good gas mileage the problems on this car is just not worth it.

2004 Accord
By John

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and used it as my over-the-road salesman car for three years, and have had it for 4 years since I retired in 2006. I've mostly driven Chevies & Volvos over the past 50 years and this is by far the most dependable and trouble-free car I've ever owned. I have 144,000 miles on it and the only repairs I've done outside of routine maintenance has been to replace the rear struts and fix a valve on the a heater hose. The brakes have never been touched! I will pass this along to one of my kids some day. I drove it from Maine to Minn and back and averaged 37 mpg.

5 speed manual, dashboard ergonomics, handling

My hands too often activate the windshield wipers when turning the steering wheel.

Very reliable
By Connie

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 04, have never had a problem, now has 125,000 miles and have only replaced battery and rotors. Great car!

So Far Not a Glich
By Dave

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Still only at 80k but with the exception of usual oil changes and a brake pad replacement, maintenance has been zero. Reliability exceeds all previous vehicles I've owned and performance far exceeds the other vehicle I've owned in the mid-size sedan category which was a VW Passat. Fuel economy is excellent, usually am driving highway and will average 35 on summer tires and 32 on my snows. I live in Vermont where snow is an issue and with the addition of decent snow tires, it's handling remains crisp and perfectly in tune with my driving. Looking to drive this car at least another 5 years.

Reliability, fuel economy, nicely laid out interior.

Only thing I can think of is that a roof rack would be nice for the times when I have more than 3 pairs of skis that need to be loaded.

• SUV