2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
every year something new
By rashadr on 08/17/11 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i like my 2004 accord but honda really mess up the electronics that comes in the car. like my radio went out in 2008 and now i have to get key because it won't lock or aything but my key light still comes on when i press a button and i already had replace it before.And i also had to replace the transmission and it only got 103,000 miles.its a fun car to drive and it get very good gas mileage the problems on this car is just not worth it.

2004 Accord
By John on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and used it as my over-the-road salesman car for three years, and have had it for 4 years since I retired in 2006. I've mostly driven Chevies & Volvos over the past 50 years and this is by far the most dependable and trouble-free car I've ever owned. I have 144,000 miles on it and the only repairs I've done outside of routine maintenance has been to replace the rear struts and fix a valve on the a heater hose. The brakes have never been touched! I will pass this along to one of my kids some day. I drove it from Maine to Minn and back and averaged 37 mpg.

Very reliable
By Connie on 05/13/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 04, have never had a problem, now has 125,000 miles and have only replaced battery and rotors. Great car!

So Far Not a Glich
By Dave on 09/09/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Still only at 80k but with the exception of usual oil changes and a brake pad replacement, maintenance has been zero. Reliability exceeds all previous vehicles I've owned and performance far exceeds the other vehicle I've owned in the mid-size sedan category which was a VW Passat. Fuel economy is excellent, usually am driving highway and will average 35 on summer tires and 32 on my snows. I live in Vermont where snow is an issue and with the addition of decent snow tires, it's handling remains crisp and perfectly in tune with my driving. Looking to drive this car at least another 5 years.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Susan on 08/24/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Accord new off the showroom floor. I initially bought it because of the fuel economy and maintenance history but I love driving this car. It handles great and is very low maintenance. It now has 105,000 miles on it and I still love it. The only unexpected issue I had was a headlight replacement which was relatively inexpensive. Every time I take it in for service, the service technicians try to sell me a new one because they have such a demand for used Accords. My 6'4" husband doesn't like it because he doesn't fit well in the passenger seat, but he rarely drives it.

Been an OK car
By Vincinator44 on 08/06/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this for a commuter car. I wanted reliable transportation and a fuel efficient vehicle. It has never left me on the side of the road, but has had some issues. I did all the Honda recommended maintenance and during my 60000 check up, it was determined that the transmission needed replacing. Not good, if anything this part should never fail. I had other mechanical issues after the new xmission, I'll call it mechanic induced faults. I wasn't happy with the service dept. responsiveness. The front rotors have been turned down 3 times due to warpage. My gas mileage average is 27mpg, not much better(+2) then my V6 Bonneville I traded in. Battery died after 4 yrs, I'm OK with this.

Angel Car
By Sean Hunter on 07/13/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is more than perfect. Sure the break pads wear a little. But the soul of the car is unstoppable. Once in a while, people get stuck with a Honda that has been through a flood, or had an engine rebuild in Puerto Rico. But for those of us who are multiple Honda Owners, who have seen the light, there is no other choice. This particular car that I own now, I bought in 2008 with 80,000 miles on it already. I'm up to 100,000 now a year later, and this car is begging for me to take it X-country. Not a SINGLE PROBLEM. I am a road jockey and I know what a thoroughbred feels like. Honestly, I want to go back and give it 10's in every category, but I don't want to lose my credibility. ;-)

Not another Honda for me!
By NEVER AGAIN HONDA on 01/08/09 12:02 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Honda based on the reliability of all reports I read. I had always owned Pontiacs in the past. I am extremely diligent with maintenance. A considerable expense with Honda. I had several problems that cost me additional repairs. Interior light problems, trim not staying on. Storage compartment door broke on 3 occasions. The navi system started acting up. The cost of the navi system was $2,000 when I purchased the car. Today I was told the system needed to be replaced for $5,351. Yet, the cost for a new 2009 Honda Accord with navi is still only approx $2000 more than w/out. What a gimmick! Be warned! Don't waste your money!

My 3rd Accord and Not My Last!
By HndaDrvr4Life on 11/30/08 08:11 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my '96 Accord EX 4dr for an '04 Honda Accord LX 4dr, with the 5-speed automatic and I love it! Yeah, I miss my sunroof, but the overall performance, gas mileage, and reliability outweigh the missing sunroof. I have had no trouble with this vehicle since I purchased it. It had about 16,000 miles on it when I got it earlier this year. Now it has about 31,000 and still riding trouble free. The one thing I do not like is the blind spots in this car. I've had a 2000 Accord LX and a 1996 Accord EX and the visibility in those was great. In this car, not so much. It's like aiming a land yacht sometimes when parking. However, this is still the best one I've had.

Excellent Purchase!
By TTC on 10/14/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car but I love it already! Originally I was going to purchase a Mazda 6, but this is a far better investment. Not only is the Accord a safe family car, but it's fun to drive, and you can't beat the gas mileage (32 mpg). I feel better knowing that 5 years from now my car will actually have a good resale value (if I choose to sell it) and it will still be in good condition.