2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Failed Transmission
By willm3 on 10/30/13 01:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but transmission is not dependable. I would not buy this car unless you are a transmission mechanic.

Scared
By bigjohn112 on 07/14/13 14:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had read more reviews before buying this car for my daughters first. I found this car at a dealer. One owner, 119K, no wrecks, no damage. Car looked a drove great. AC did not blow as cold as I thought it should but they checked it and replaced a sensor. I am going to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible. But with all the talk about tranny problems I find myself listening for odd noised and weird shifting . We have only had it a few days, but may end up wishing I had got a 2004+

Not So Sure About Honda Anymore
By uthookem on 11/09/12 07:14 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used in 2007 with 60, 000 from a Honda dealership. I always noticed that this car didn't have the smoothest downshifting, but other than that, it was great. I'm now at 125, 000 and it shifts hard quite a bit. Within the past months on 2 occasions it has refused to accelerate with my foot on the gas, and the check engine and TCS lights immediately come on. After reading many other reviews and complaints about this car, I'm sure I know what's about to happen...

Fantastic car! The best ever for me.
By snowatcher on 11/02/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to write this review, as I have never felt about any car like I do about this one. When I bought it new in February 03, I thought it was the best value compared to competition. 10 years and 150K miles later, it proved to be more than that. It's super reliable, comfortable, runs like new, it brings the smile to my face every time I drive it. I do my own maintenance, which is really easy on this car. The things that went wrong: radio display (fixed by dealer for free), and brakes. I got tired replacing pads every 40K miles, so I put on Centric rotors and Akebono pads myself - best upgrade possible! OEM level performance, but much longer life and no dust. Highly recommended car!

Hitting 10 years
By emc8 on 10/05/12 05:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02. I only have 73k miles on it. Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it. In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200. The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them. My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews. The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.

2003 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr
By hollandsc on 12/07/11 09:32 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Background: original owner, 148k miles, new transaxle @ 45k, new output shaft oil seal @ 145k, new struts @ 145k, and every warning light that could have come on has come on. I need to mention that it has been in four wrecks – all due to being hit from behind while stopped. With this said, I do all repair work myself on this car and all of my other cars. This Honda is a little “touchy” because of the number of sensors. This is good or bad; good if you fix the issue because the car knows if there is an issue or bad if you want to ignore the problem and don’t want to know about it. Parts are readily available, cheep & the car is easy to fix. No matter the car (I have had just about every

5th Accord
By Teez on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car new and the only probably I have had is the Engine light came on and it was a sensor. The dealer charged $385 to fix. Just replaced the tires at 58,000 miles. The V-6 is powerful. I rented a car at the airport recently and it was 2010. Basic and when I got back in my Accord I felt that I was driving pure luxury. This is my 5th Accord

Worst Car I've ever owned!
By Jay424 on 03/06/10 13:58 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm tired of people saying that Honda's are good because they're not. I've had my accord for 7 years and have had 3 transmissions, rear brake caliber snap and leak fluid, 3 power windows went out at once. Also have power seats that move when the car comes to a stop. The first month and a half after I had the car, it spent 5 weeks in the dealership to fix the seats that move. The dealer originally gave me back the car, but destroyed the interior of the car. I've also had a TCS module replaced and my car also has rust on the hood. Honda's build garbage automobiles. I would never buy another Japanese car again. What a waste of $30k. I'm going to buy a 2011 Mustang, with good FORD quality.

Great Family Sports Sedan
By ZHorton on 12/28/09 06:42 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm writing this review because Edmunds.com was such a valuable source of research when I was car shopping, and I wanted to return the favor. We recently bought a used 2003 Honda Accord EX v6 with 72,000 miles. Immediately I was struck with the aggressive acceleration of the Accord - this car is fast! I had driven Hondas in the past and always loved how tight they feel, both on road handling and interior components. Everything feels well considered and integrated. I bought this car primarily for my wife for her daily use. I drive it on long road trips (just logged 1,000 miles on the last one), and feel it is perfectly suited for our needs, reliable, safe (for when we have kids) and fun!

DON'T BUY!
By Michele on 12/10/09 03:13 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since we bought this car the transmission has gone out twice, the radio/cd went out and the A/C went out. Our transmission was replaced at 55,000 miles and now at 120,000 miles it's out again! Honda says they know this is an issue, but are not willing to help. We are looking at another $3500!!!