Don't Buy a Honda The company won't back their Cars
By jrocchio on
2002 Honda Accord SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my 2002 Accord brand new, and expected to have a good reliable car. I was mistaken. The first thing that happened was at 12,000 miles. The transmission stopped working. Honda gave me a hard time , but finally replaced it with a factory rebuilt one that never worked right. Second at 32,000. miles the paint on the hood pealed of the hood. Honda would not do anything about it my cost $800 to repair. At 36,000. miles the brake calipers froze up . Honda would not help at all. $750.00 my costs. On the Cat converter the cover had to be replaced every two years. at 60,000 mile the Cat converter crapped out. Even though the emissions are covered for eight years or 80,000 miles they would not cover it. At the dealership they crashed my car into another car as I was waiting for my car after another $1000. repair. I saw the accident happen, and they tried to say the damage was already there. My license plate was laying in their lot with part of my bumper. Honda did pay for that, but they had a lot of nerve about the whole situation. Now the transmission again was getting worse and worse. Now the car does not move. I had four documented complaints about the transmission, and Honda of America said they don't owe me anything and won't help at all. The car looks great garaged, and never missed a maintenance check. Honda was the only one that ever worked on the car. Now I have a nice looking peace of garbage sitting in my driveway waiting to be crushed at some junk yard. Honda's are garbage and they know it. Read up on this six generation Accord and everyone that has owned this car had many tranny problems, and Honda just does not care. Don't buy a Honda. I will never buy one again.
Favorite Features
Looks great. Nice seats. Great radio.
Suggested Improvements
A working Transmission