2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda
By Kenny on 11/02/05 23:27 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used at 40k miles; been driving it for 4 months. Gas mileage is a little shy of what I was hoping for... getting 24 mpg average; however, it suits my 2 car seat life style nicely. Immediately upgraded the cloth interior w/Classic Soft Trim leather and the car looks brand new. As I read the other reviews, several things stand out as true; wind noise above average, low beams are low at night, rattles and bumpy ride is evident on less than average roads, and the cruise control works to hard...after hitting resume hang on, because the respones is equivalent to you mashing the pedal to the floor. Overall, sexy family hauler w/$3k in upgrades; leather interior, tires/rims, etc.

Awesome Car to Start Driving On
By StickShift on 10/04/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Well, as a 16 year old who's just started driving, I have to say this is an excellent car. Powerful and economical I-4. Only time it struggles is fully loaded with 5 people in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Excellent build quality. Steering is responsive and offers plenty of feedback, as do brakes. Only odd noise is a clicking coming from the sunroof when it's cold. SE package offers a sunroof, CD player, alloy wheels and a few other nice features. However, 4 wheel disk brakes, ABS, and power seats would've been greatly appreciated. Compared to our previous 98 Camry, the Accords better handling, stronger motor and nicer design inside and out make me love it.

New Honda Fan
By Former Pontiac on 09/07/05 09:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I was hesitant to buy an Accord because everyone has one. But after my test drive I can see why that's the case. It's a great car, fun to drive, and I know it is reliable from Honda's strong reputation. I love the features that came standard on this car. It is a definite upgrade from my Sunfire.

Good but not Great
By Kris M on 07/14/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I will admit I have only owned the car for 2 months now, but I have some complaints. Passing power is almost a joke. My 2002 stratus would blow the doors off this thing. I am almost afraid to pass in it. This V-6 seems to be powerless in the top end. My fuel mileage is not so great either. On long trips averaging 65mph I only get 25-26 mpg. The dodge got 28-29 with the V6. Other than that we love the car. Climate control is a must have. Being able to see out of your car is a plus. If you dont know what I mean drive a stratus. Having a large trunk opening is great as well. Hopfully the milage will improve over time.

Satisfied customer
By tmalik on 07/13/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our EX-V6 new days before the all-new 2003's were launched (didn't like their styling for the extra price). Very satisfied so far. Have put 45k over 3 years. Only issues: -steering wheel mounted audio controls didn't function properly, replaced under warranty - driver side headlight bulb replaced twice in 3 years, had similar problems on my '93 Accord - front brake pads & tires close to replacement at only 45k - not as quick at normal acceleration as I thought 200 hp would be. - auto climate control isn't very smart (tends to run the a/c even at a high temperature setting). The above are minor issues, in my opinion and don't keep me awake at night. Overall very pleased.

Still the best car I've had in 30 years.
By Rasimov on 06/28/05 05:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

4 year review: No repair bills yet. No noises from engine, tranny, dash. Still fun to drive & can drive all day & not feel like it.

Good Car
By Honda Fan on 05/29/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Honda, and it is the nicest one I have owned! I really like the fact that we can fit my family in and take it on trips. Quiet, and very easy to drive. A little bit of adjustment from my 2001 Civic LX, but a good adjustment. Ended up with this when my dealer suggested it was a better deal than a 2003 with the new body style.

best mid-size sedan
By Joe from San Diego on 05/18/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Accord (had a '92 Accord LX sedan w/ over 120k miles & have had no problems with it). It is amazing how Honda can improve on a car that is already great & very reliable. Improvements in technology (VTEC engine, safety, etc.), styling, & ergonomics are some of the things that I like about this car. What a joy it is to drive this car...it makes me realize how smart I am when I bought it.

Overall Great Car
By dawson123 on 04/05/05 17:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda because I drive a lot and I wanted good reliable transportation. The car has a great transmission shifts very smooth. It also has very good pickup for a 4 cylinder engine.

Blue's Candy
By Blue's Candy on 04/04/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is an exceptionally built vehicle. The Honda quality is unsurpassable by many manufacturers. The ride is smooth and everything is laid out well within reach of the driver. It is a very user friendly vehicle and the 2.3L 4 cylinder engine is very economical especially in this time we are in now with soaring fuel prices. Modifications are abundant for this vehicle, but not necessary if you're like me and in your mid-thirties. The interior is spacious and has numerous features that come with the SE package. I am very impressed with this car and will be trading in my Ford Windstar for the Honda Odyssey.