Used 2001 Honda Accord Value Package Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my car
By Loyal Honda customer

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 Accord vp! It has over 185k miles and continues to be reliable! I have had to replace many parts, but this is mostly due to normal wear and tear. Belts wear, seals leak. But that happens to any well used car. My engine and transmission are mechanically sound! I just bought a second Accord, because I was ready for new car with more features ( ex-l) and so don't want to sell my old one because I love it!

Transmission?
By kc

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first Honda and my last. The transmission is shot and come to find out, this is a known issue for Honda. However. And beware. They will not assist in repairing the transmission if you are one day or one mile over the warranty. They knew the transmission was faulty and still used it for several years. The issue is not that a manufacturer has a defective product, but rather, that the manufacturer knowingly sold a product that had the distinct potential of failing and will not back up their product. I don't care how many great reviews Honda gets or has gotten. They have proved to me to be an unreliable company with which to deal. Stay away from all Honda!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to back up their product 100%

2001 Honda Accord VP
By ronald panaccione

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Has provided superior performance from day one. No problems whatsoever. Minimal maintenance required in all areas. Original tires lasted 60m - brakes 50,000. Still has original muffler at 107,000 miles.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

Favorite Features

Looks good, tight build, engine reliability

Suggested Improvements

Horrible gas mileage, warped rotors, non-supportive seating.

A terriffic value
By Ron

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Favorite Features

Clean looking convenient dash board.

Suggested Improvements

Better origial tires and brakes. More covenient placement of cabin filter and clock bulb. Improved interior lighting.