2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Certified? Not Really....
By FokuSan on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and it was honda certified. They claimed to have the whole 150 point inspection and everything perfect with the car. I had problems from the beggining of purchase. The SRS airbag light kept coming on. We had it fixed twice. The transmission shift isnt smooth at all. When going uphill and accelerating, the car jerks and seizes, the cupholder cover doesnt stay closed. The service at this Honda dealership was horrible, they didnt service the car at all, they brought it to a private mechanic to fix it instead of their using their own facility.

Can't Go Wrong
By World Traveler on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Great Car. Absolutely no problems. Does everything it claims. Engine/power is great. Live in Germany now and drive on the autobahn... Has no problems keeping up.. maintains speeds over a 100 MPH no poblem with plenty of power to spare (to include when it is fully loaded with passengers and luggage).

Everything is great but...
By 2366 on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love my honda with one exception, the paint. No other car that I have ever owned has reacted to road debris such as pebble to the negative degree of my Accord. The front end, both bumper area which is plastic and the hood which is steel have more then an average number of dings. All of the dings to metal have started to rust, some are now the size of dimes. Everything else is great, but this issue is one reason why I may not return to Honda when I replace my Accord.

2000 Honda Accord LX
By NEW320 on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. I traditionally purchase Mercedes. This car has much of the quality, road manners, and performance at a lower cost. A great value.

Never any problems in 3 years with my V6
By Problem free owner on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my Honda Accord 4dr EXV6 for three years now. I bought it brand new with 6 miles on the odo. First ever new purchase and I picked a winner for sure. I just can't get anything comparable to the top end Accord for under thirty grand. It is just a tremendous bargain and I have never had any problems ever. Recommended maintenance is all I have ever done with this car. Why would I even consider anything more expensive...except for name prestige, and how self-centered is that!!!!

Almost...
By bob@work on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for over a year now and at first I loved it. The longer I drove it the more I noticed one MAJOR flaw, the automatic transmission. The transmission shifts great during steady acceleration but thats all. When coming to a stop the transmission has a long delay before downshifting. When it finally decides to downshift it makes a humming noise, and then slams into gear. This is driving me nuts and the dealer says its normal. Slowing almost to a stop and then step on the gas, you get a few second delay while it looks for the gear it wants, then SLAM it shifts. Now I'm stuck making payments on a car I hate. Thank you Honda.

Excellent Car
By schmammel on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent, extremely reliable car with outstanding service available. My only complaint is that the dealers know how popular the car is and thus the purchasing experience is not pleasant.

unhappy honda owner!!!!
By unhappy honda owner on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

i've had 2 transmission in the last 4 months put in this vehicle. the seal on the trunk has been changed twice. there are times when i start it in the morning and it starts to shake then just dies. i have taken good care of the car it only has 26k miles and the oil gets changed every 3000 miles. needless to say i have had it with honda!!!!!!

80000 miles and no problems
By HondaGuy on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

The Accord just runs and runs. I really DRIVE this car and it is a performer. The engine is smooth, powerful and quite. The car actually rides smoother with the "V" rated Bridgestone than OEM so give them a go. Fuel economy? Hummm! I drive 80- 85 mph whenever possible, lots of stop and go traffic in Metro DC area. Brakes are fantastic and definitely use Honda replacement parts. Also the scoop makes the car look sexy.

80000 miles and no problems
By hondaguy on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)