2012 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:
BEST CAR. period
By lovegmc1 on 06/12/12 12:30 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For our new car, we were going to test drive an edge at ray seraphin ford, but when they wouldn't let us because there was snow on top of the car (:0), we decided to go right next door to Scranton GMC. I fell in love with it as soon as we drove it off of the lot because of all the features as well as smoothness of the ride! A few months later, after driving every other comparable car, we decided on the acadia! Ever since Hallowee 2011, we have taken the beloved acadia everywhere, and racked up 16,000 miles, all without ONE problem(except for one onstar issue, but that wasn't the car's fault). The GMC acadia fits any family like a new member and is the best crossover/ SUV choice out there!!!!

Drove them all...
By peterfletcher on 05/03/12 21:19 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at everything & mean everything! It came down to the Dodge Durango, Jeep GC, Toyota 4Runner & Acadia. I rented a Durango and Jeep for a couple of days. Both of them had driving positions that didnt allow me to read the gauges because the steering wheel blocked it. In the Jeep, the A Pillar is way to wide & the roof line to low to be comfortable. With the rear seats down, the Durangos load floor was so high that my dog was breathing down my neck and could be pitched out the side window. The 4runner was nice, but the rear air vents were blocked when rear seat was folded flat, the passenger seat sits very high and is not adjustable plus no sunroof delete available in my state(Im 6'3").

Acadia--smooth but flawed
By reefball1 on 03/13/12 19:18 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth, comfortable ride. However: 1. The dealer installed rear DVD players (mounted in the headrests) have a headphone jack but no way to control the volume. Headphones that are plugged in are dangerously loud for children. 2. The rear audio control is horrible: when the radio station is changed by a child in the back seat, it changes the station on the front control panel. 3. USB jack is awkwardly mounted in a box on the dashboard, so my iphone cable gets pinched and hangs down the front of the control panel. 4. Console in armrest is poorly designed and barely tall enough for sunglasses.

Buyers Remorse
By jerrim on 02/29/12 06:59 AM (PST)

2012 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When it was time to trade in our minivan, I began looking at crossovers. It appeared that the Acadia could not be beat for features, styling, and gas mileage. It did not take long for me to have buyers remorse. It has not come close to meeting the advertised mpg. I do the majority of my driving in the city and only get between 12-14 mpg! I have never gotten above 17.5 mpg on a highway roadtrip. This car has much less cargo space than my minivan and no storage room in the front other than the passenger seat for a purse, book, etc. The nav system has been unreliable. It looks pretty but does not meet the needs of our family. It has less than 10,000 miles and I'm ready to trade it in.

So Far So Good
By bayerleinbio on 02/08/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this crossover. I looked at all crossovers - foreign and domestic - price, and mpg - and found Acadia a bit larger than I would have initially prefered, however I was impressed. I drive mainly in a small town, and I get 17 mph, with an average speed of 22mph from block to block. I've owned Chevy trucks, a Tahoe, and an ML 350 Benz which I traded in for the Acadia. The interior is amazing, roomier than Toyota Rav4 (which was really narrow). Acceleration on Interstate was fine - I am not a dynamic quick driver rabbit start driver, so this vehicle suites my driving style nicely. Great to have the camera - in color - in the rear view mirror.

Acadia is a great family vehicle
By toxner on 08/24/11 05:25 AM (PDT)

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I rate this vehicle very high. It is a joy to drive and it is very comfortable for the family to travel in. To me it is very responsive and drives really nicely. It is a bigger SUV but the room inside is amazing. I love the styling and look of the vehicle.

Mileage is a Joke!
By jftripp on 07/24/11 17:31 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle was sold with EPA estimate of 17 city and 22 highway. We have about 10,000 miles on the vehicle, and are averaging around 14 or 15 city (have never gotten close to 17), and have yet to get over 19 MPG on the highway. Don't believe the EPA estimates on this vehicle! In addition, on the highway, it's under-powered. If you have cruise set at 75, it will slow down to around 70 before it downshifts. This results in a constant "leap frog" with other vehicles on the highway. Looks decent, but other than that, I regret this purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 GMC Acadia in VA is:

$102 per month*