2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
first new car, 2nd time on a Taurus
By NEW CAR on 12/29/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall not a bad little car. already replacing right speakers, they went bad. also there is really no power between 3rd and 4th gear on hwy. going like 40 to 60 takes forever. gas mileage could be better. lots of room for tall people. love the lights on mirrors, 4-speaker system not as nice as the 6. only had my 05 SEL for 3 months.

I Love My Taurus
By K. Knolls on 04/21/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think imports are becoming very over-rated. I thought the Taurus handled great compared to the other models I tried and I've had no trouble with it whatsoever!

Taurus review
By JohnnyVero on 03/31/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My only complaint is that the brakes don't have the stopping ability that most cars have; they feel spongy. Otherwise I like everything else about the car.

Bad car
By Toyota on 02/25/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Ford always breaks down. The pickup is okay on this v8. The car gets an average of 14 MPG city 17 MPG highway. The Taurus has a smooth ride yet not as smooth as my wife's wonderful brand new Honda Accord. The Taurus has a good stereo with cheap low quallity leather. So far, I have been in the shop 2 times in 4 months and 14,000 miles.

A great car
By Michael on 02/12/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Taurus has been terrific so far. For those looking for a reliable, comfortable vehicle with the backing of Ford, this is it. No problems so far. I will probably keep this car for the duration.

Lots of value for your money
By kddid98 on 12/15/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in March 2003. I chose the SEL premium package and I'm glad I did. It's got both a sporty flair and a touch of luxury. Friends have commented that it is a beautiful car and are surprised when they hear what I paid for it. It's a lot of car with a small price.

MPG
By Marinverona on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sticker says 20 mpg City and 27 mpg highway. Actually it averages 15.7 mpg driving 60% highway, 40% rural. Very little city driving.

Ford Taurus
By ellen on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Car is ver comfortable and easy to drive. Has enough luxurgy to suit most people. Excellent sound system in the CS player and radio. Mileage is good. Car runs well, starts easily even in very cold weather. Good vehicle

Good car!
By Nick645 on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is a good car....yet it only looks good in Black with black out windows and a spoiler because every other way they look plain i sugest that color and other than that its a good car with a suprizing amount of power.