2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The Ultimate Muscle Car
By specmstr on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Classic styling and great performance...a true pleasure to drive.

Don't buy standard GT, 2002-BEWARE!!!!!
By BEWARE! on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

BEWARE of the 2002-2003 GT Mustang Deluxe....it has an engine problem that the engineers "are still working on" it idles VERY rough unless you have the air conditioner on- then it settles down. Since you can't drive in the winter with the air on..it is a problem.The service dept. says it is with all standard GT's of those years. It is building up carbon...so take it in!!!!!!!!! They are replacing sensors and such,,,but to no avail! Mine is not the only one!!!BEWARE!!!!!you will hate it. it is junk. I bought it at invoice and am upset down by 10,000. They do not hold ANY value...BEWARE!!

Ford Mustang
By mustangman on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love Ford Mustangs

8 cylinders so you can hear me coming.
By ROCKSTAR on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the V-8 power and excitement. The leather and power was just to show off for the girls. It leaks in the car wash. It's noisy as all (blank) due to the flowmasters. It has cowl shake. The rear suspension is crap, but it puts the power down, and that's the point. It's loud and proud, it's fast, and it eats the lunch of most challengers, especially those snippy hondas. If I wanted nice, I would've gotten an Acura.

WTF wait 1 year
By Stoplightgasser on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In 2004 the ford mustang will be improved and totaly redisigned. I suggest you wait because this very dated generation is, well garbage. First of all, though 260hp is alot of horsepower, it's a joke for a v8! I mean, come on the other night I had a nissan altima 3.5 pull on me. This car is 90 percent plastic on the inside. I got into a fender bender as someone rear ended me and I rolled into a sign. I found out the exterior is made of plastic too!! I got a hole in my rear and front bumper which cost a lot of fix, because both the bumpers needed to be replaced. Hopefully the 2004 will be improved.

Rattling Piece of Junk
By nstr24 on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered/bought the 02 Premium GT in Jan of 2002. The car rattled from every seam in the vehicle, the cd changer had multiple problems, and Fords Service Dept is basically useless. I sold the car with 10,000 miles on it and took a huge loss. Don't buy one!!

OWNER
By HAMMER on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED AND I PLAN ON KEEPING IT FOREVER.

Stang
By jutang on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

good performance, great looks comfortable interior, nice exhaust note. It definatly helps the chica situation.

2002 GT
By Catmanjj on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2002 GT bought in March of 2002 and I love every second of driving it. The only thing that is bad as far as I'm concerned is how thirsty it is. But that's understandable cause I new what I was getting into when I was buying a V8.

V/8 screamer
By gsxrter1994 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the car great power and handles great