2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 10

2002 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The Ultimate Muscle Car
By specmstr on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Classic styling and great performance...a true pleasure to drive.

Great car for the price
By jrg on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive and reliable (I have had to do anything other than normal maintanence). If you want a sports car that is easy to live with, the Mustang is worth concidering.

me Mustang
By vesco6 on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

a nice over all car. . Somewhat Sparten interior compared to lot of cars, esp from the East. Dated would be a good word. handles well enough for most people. And under power for me, though once at freeway speeds, with a concious effort on the gas you will go.

Best Top Down fun for the price
By Damian A. Durrant on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

You cannot get more fun in a car for under $25K. Sticks to the road, just enough torque to feel racy, and a great sound system, with a muscular, punchy styling. This car is solid and remains tight. One exception: squeeky windows that the dealer fixed. But not a single other problem since October 01. Essentially, Ford focused on the things a buyer like me wants, so there may be some paint runs under the trunk, but who cares? Do I wish it had about 40 more horsepower? Yes, its not quite as fast as its looks suggest, but that is being picky. Buy the GT for a few grand more if that is your concern. Overall, a surprisingly great buy.

Don't buy standard GT, 2002-BEWARE!!!!!
By BEWARE! on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

BEWARE of the 2002-2003 GT Mustang Deluxe....it has an engine problem that the engineers "are still working on" it idles VERY rough unless you have the air conditioner on- then it settles down. Since you can't drive in the winter with the air on..it is a problem.The service dept. says it is with all standard GT's of those years. It is building up carbon...so take it in!!!!!!!!! They are replacing sensors and such,,,but to no avail! Mine is not the only one!!!BEWARE!!!!!you will hate it. it is junk. I bought it at invoice and am upset down by 10,000. They do not hold ANY value...BEWARE!!

Ford Mustang
By mustangman on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love Ford Mustangs

You Get What You Pay For!
By Debideb on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a "fun" car. I find it a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. The V6 is one of the best in it's class and has plenty of pep.If you want to race, buy the GT.Yes it has inadequate storage, that's not what it's built for! It's built for pleasure, not hauling the family.For the price,I don't think you can find a better looking, more reliable convertible.People might immediately shout Sebring.My answer, buy a Sebring if you LOVE your service mangager, because you'll be seeing alot of him.Been there, done that!Ford has done a good job of putting all of the essential options into an affordable package.

V6, but plenty peppy
By iwphill on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 V6 auto a week ago w/just under 25K miles, and it's awesome! I didn't need a car that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds, but this car still passes plenty of "sporty" cars without much effort. Plus, it's fun to drive and looks good, too. I usually buy imports, and just hope that F.O.R.D. doesn't really stand for Fix Or Repair Daily! So far, it hasn't missed a beat. Smooth ride, and not bad on gas.

8 cylinders so you can hear me coming.
By ROCKSTAR on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the V-8 power and excitement. The leather and power was just to show off for the girls. It leaks in the car wash. It's noisy as all (blank) due to the flowmasters. It has cowl shake. The rear suspension is crap, but it puts the power down, and that's the point. It's loud and proud, it's fast, and it eats the lunch of most challengers, especially those snippy hondas. If I wanted nice, I would've gotten an Acura.

Mustan
By GT-Rocks on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mustang GT Conv. over a year ago. So far it is the best car I have onwed, over Camaro, TransAm and Honda. It handles best on the market and blows the doors of most other cars. The back seat is quite small but is far less noiser than any other convertable I have owned.