Used 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Excellent Choice
By Timothyc1984

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been an excellent traveling car. During the summer I drive it more then in the winter but that's because I have a 4x4 80's Toyota for the ice. The gas mileage is good, 26 in the city, 35 on the highway for the most part. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl on an automatic and it is very fun to drive. I did replace the radio in favor of one that has full iPod capability in summer 2008.

Fuel economy, suspension, factory choice of tires for 2006, fold-down back seats for a huge trunk in a small car.

A tad more leg room would have been nice (I'm 6'3) and maybe the materials the seats be a little more big person friendly.

Comfort for tall drivers
By Great ZX3

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my ZX3 for almost a year and it has been perfect. The seats are awesome on short and long trips. After driving 12 hours, no back pain at all. The faster you go, the funner it is to drive. I get around 26mpg in town and 34 mpg on the open road. I'm 6'2" and it is the most comfortable car out there to drive (much better than my 2003 Monte Carlo). The fun factor for driving is a 10+.

Comfortable seats, ease of handling, true cost to own.

Sun visors need to be a little more flexible.

Works for me!
By scott

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just wanted to comment that I have had my Focus for about 6 months. I have had no problems with the car (knock wood). I am 6 foot 4 and weigh about 360 lbs and have had no comfort problems. As a matter of fact it is one of the most comfortable new cars I've been in lately. There is plenty of head room and my knees are not jammed into the dash or anything else. It is very fun to drive and the mileage is good.

Head room, driveability and mileage.

Styling.

Not for tall people
By John Smith

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 5 days now and I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun little car if you are under 6 feet tall. I have experienced terrible back and leg pain from the driver's seat. I am 6'3" tall and go to the gym at least 3 times a week and in great shape. On the test drive and for a couple of days the car was fine then uncomfortable every other trip. Then had to drive 30 miles to and back from somewhere is when the excruciating pain began. This morning was a 5 mile trip to work and not less than 50 feet out of the driveway was when the pain began again. Please be very weary of this vehicle if you are tall!

Gas mileage, cheap transport.

Think of Americans over 6 feet tall.

Good for the price paid
By Scott

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the Focus for 1 month and 1000 miles, so my experience is still limited. I can't speak to its long term durability. However, I can say that the car drives and handles very securely. The 2.0 engine and 5 speed transmission make for relatively fun driving. Acceleration is more than adequate, braking is excellent with good feel, and it is quiet for this class. I bought the car because of the low price and hatchback. It replaced a Honda coupe that was not nearly as practical. Overall, I am more and more pleased with the car as time passes. It seems Ford made some decent upgrades for the 2005-plus models. This car has been around so long it seems to rely on low price to sell.

Good base MP3 CD stereo, high driving position, practical hatchback, ABS/side air bags/alloy wheels/tilt/cruise/fog lights were very inexpensive options compared to the competition's prices. The (new to the Focus) Mazda designed engine is quick, revs easy, and sounds decent.

I think the quality of the interior plastics could be much better. I would like a "dead pedal" to rest my left foot on. Rear head restraints, satellite radio option, and cabin filtration are absent also.