Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

More than I expected
By JIDude

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive vehicle with decent mileage, handling and room enough for the wife and kid. This car is more than I'd expected in terms of: vost, gas mileage, handling, acceleration and interior room. I think one can't go wrong for the price by buying this car.

Nice handling, quick response, good AC, controls in good locations.

Cup holders are useless. SE trim-level seats do not give good support and are mushy.

Comfort for tall drivers
By Great ZX3

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my ZX3 for almost a year and it has been perfect. The seats are awesome on short and long trips. After driving 12 hours, no back pain at all. The faster you go, the funner it is to drive. I get around 26mpg in town and 34 mpg on the open road. I'm 6'2" and it is the most comfortable car out there to drive (much better than my 2003 Monte Carlo). The fun factor for driving is a 10+.

Comfortable seats, ease of handling, true cost to own.

Sun visors need to be a little more flexible.

Good car for the $$
By Jason

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car brand new in March, I Had 3 things at the top of my want list for my new vehicle purchase. 1~ Under $15K new. 2~ averaged over 26-mpg. 3~ Good warranty. Well my 2006 Focus SE is all of that and then some. My purchase price was $12,550, that was with auto transmission, power windows/locks etc. The car drives and handles great, I am averaging 29-MPG so far, so I'm happy with that. (I've put 15,500 miles on it so far). Overall great car.

Great driving experience, peppy little 2L motor. Averaging 29~mpg in combined city/highway driving.

Fix the position of the worthless cup holders, put a rubber tray on top of the dash like the F-150's currently have. A very bland exterior color choice offering, need to inject some excitement into the color choices.

Works for me!
By scott

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just wanted to comment that I have had my Focus for about 6 months. I have had no problems with the car (knock wood). I am 6 foot 4 and weigh about 360 lbs and have had no comfort problems. As a matter of fact it is one of the most comfortable new cars I've been in lately. There is plenty of head room and my knees are not jammed into the dash or anything else. It is very fun to drive and the mileage is good.

Head room, driveability and mileage.

Styling.

Great Handling Car!
By Tommy

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Focus in August 06 and it has impressed me so far. Handling and power is impressive for a car under $18K. Very comfortable for a small car.

The torque, brakes, suspension and the shifter. Also enjoy the 6 disc in dash cd player.

Offer a Turbo or Supercharged option to round it out to about 220 horses.