2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2006 Focus SES review
By Mark on 03/04/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I just picked up our 2006 Focus SES, and love it! How can you beat all the rebates Ford has put out there. Car is very sporty, handles great, and is good on gas. We looked at a Saturn, and a Cobalt but went with the Focus. We plan on having this car for a very long time, and the Ford extended warranty will surely help us achieve that.

Will always own a focus
By candibee on 03/03/06 21:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 for the 06' Focus ZX4, and couldn't be happier with it. Performance, reliability and gas mileage is great. Corners like it's on rails! I am a huge Focus fan, and I plan on always owning one.

Fun and practical
By JamieB on 02/24/06 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Focus I've driven and again, I am impressed with its bang for the buck. The Focus handles well and has a nice peppy engine, particularly with the standard transmission. I "downgraded" from a very nice VW Jetta to a new Focus and must say that the Focus is more fun to drive and handles just as well as my $27K Jetta! And is so much cheaper to maintain. My only complaint is with the sound system, which is a little muffled sounding compared to what you might find in a more luxury-style car. If you just want a practical, reliable ride to work and around town that's fun, this is it!

Never Bored with this Ford
By docamg on 02/19/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a pleasant surprise! I have owned the car for 4 months and am delighted with its performance, reliability and ergonomics. It is a pleasure to drive, handles extremely well and gets great mileage. I highly recommend the Focus to anyone who wants an inexpensive, fun vehicle.

Functional and Sporty
By Jay on 02/16/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although the look is nice, the best way to sum up the Focus SES is function and performance. The value you get upgrading from SE to SES is well worth the incremental price increase. On the performance side of things, the SES Focus is very sporty. The steering and suspension are tight and responsive, with rock solid cornering for a car in its class. It's a sports car "feel" in an economy package.

A good car for the price
By Lawrence on 02/10/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although the design is now several years old (2005 "freshening" was insignificant), it's functional and offers a fun driving experience. Great for tall folks (I'm 6'2") and super in the Ottawa winter, thanks to traction control and heated seats.

Great Economy Car
By SAN on 02/10/06 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up my '06 SES w/auto. The car is just a blast to drive - way more so than the price may indicate. The build quality looks better than average, and the stock radio is just fine. The rebates make this too good of a deal to pass up.

A great car
By Brian on 02/09/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Focus after driving the Escape, RAV4, Corolla, and Civic. We bought the car in DC and live in St. Louis; on the trip back we got almost 34 mpg. Since then we have put almost 1000 miles city and highway at almost 31 mpg. Great to drive on the highway, super quiet. Sound system is quiet, opted for the 6 disk package. We got a SES with the safety package for the same price as a SE w/ safety package, convenience group, and the sport group. Out the door price $14,088. Easy on the wallet for gas, insurance and payments, plus a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and you have 36,000 bumper to bumper. Great deal, fun to drive.

Fun & Practical
By Brent on 02/04/06 23:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Impressions - The first time I drove the Ford Focus Wagon was in 2003 as a rental. I was really amazed how fun it was to drive and so eventually we needed to buy a second car and it had to be capable of long trips that allowed our new dog to come along for the drive. Second Impressions - Our new 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES is even better now that when I first drove the Focus. Not only is it extremely fun to drive, but it's fully loaded with options that some car makers don't even offer. The engine is peppy yet fuel efficient, the drive feels sporty and the visibility is perfect. Plus we can drive in comfort with leather heated seats and our dog has his own room with a view.

My First Focus
By Sara on 02/02/06 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my car yesterday & I love it! It's very comfortable to drive & I got all the features I wanted at an affordable price. I love my moonroof, heated seats & mirrors along with my ABS & side impact airbags. It really is a fun car to drive. I wish I had more places to go so I could be in it all the time! :)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.