2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice car!
By mndriver4 on 11/04/12 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car, It's nimble and quick, visibility is the best, nicest economy car I'v ever driven. I get 32 to 34 MPG for my average with about 75% hwy. I like the way you sit high, I'ts been vary reliable 110K miles on it now. I'ts not a refined luxury car but I find it more fun to drive.

Fun, Fast but squeaky
By nickmbb on 10/25/11 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a nice fast city run-around car. Great on gas and is fun to drive. On the highway, it drives smooth at high speeds. Had it for 6 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems (except that squeak).

crap!!!
By sm448669 on 09/15/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06 se at focus,and this is the 3rd!!!! tranny i have put in it...the original crapped out on me at 60,000 miles replaced it and the 2nd one crapped out on my after only 30,000...i will never ever ever again buy another ford car!!!!!!!!

Focus on bang for buck
By bliston1 on 04/09/11 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First real car that i've purchased coming from driving a dodge neon that i put way to much time into keeping running been driving this car since 01/08 and it's been doing great, now i've been reading through the reviews saying that it's bad in the snow, and i'm going to go out on a limb and just say they must have bald tires or be horrible drivers. living in Logan Utah i have yet to have any problems through out the 3 winters that i've had this car, and I've got 40k+ on the all weather tires. Also i'm 6'1 and fit very well into the car with plenty of room to spare may be a bit low to get into but not that bad,

Very Reliable Car!
By sobefobik on 03/14/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this has been a great car and I would purchase another. I have put over 110,000 on this car in 4 years with no problems other than replacing the alternator, which is a cheap fix. The CD player did break, too. Also, the rear brakes are very squeaky, which seems to be a common problem with the car. I've driven this on several trips each being 2,000+ miles with NO problems.

Never One Regret
By nursesrock on 07/03/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 SE Sedan in 8/06. I have never regretted the purchase for one moment. I'm probably going to trade it tomorrow, knowing its resale value is worth well more than what I owe. It's a good feeling knowing Ford builds cars like the Focus. I'm done with Japanese products. The Focus has been an awesome, reliable car, and I've had nothing but compliment feedback from observers and guests. High marks, Ford is only getting better.

Agood car All around
By Andrew on 04/15/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. I went from a 1998 cavalier to a 2006 focus i had a coil pack go out the same day i bought the car and replaced same day NO cost to me. I'm a stock holder for Ford and i like this car. I am 38 and is a good car all around.

Still Enjoying
By Tia on 02/21/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car in 12/06 and have had very few issues with it. When I bought the car with 16k there was a slight squeak in rear when I went over bad potholes, and the dealer fixed that. Now, with 55k i am noticing that noise every once in a while again. I have had no other problems with this car that needed to be fixed. I live in Indiana and haven't noticed the issue with the A/C that other people have mentioned. I'm not sure if it's the way I drive or my car, but I do not get anywhere near 30 mpg. I dont check it very often but I think I average around 22-25 mpg. The paint on the radio is wearing off a bit. Only complaint is that although the trunk is pretty big, the opening is not!!

Liked the car; Didn't like the repairs
By Holly on 11/23/09 00:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my Focus for just shy of three years when it met a premature death in an accident about a month ago. Honestly, I liked the look of my car and had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, my transmission failed at 37,000 miles just beyond the when the factory warrenty expired requiring a rebuild. Two months after the the transmission fiasco, the front driver's side wheel bearing woreout. Also, the CD player was rather tempermental. It only worked when the temperature outside ranged from 60-80 degrees. I'm not very sure what that issue pertained to as it seemed to be a luxury concern compared to the other required repairs to a new college grad with student loans!

A great American Car!
By Focus on 10/11/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my focus I purchased it used with only 6k on and in 1st year I put on 35K. Great fuel economy I am getting city/hwy combined milage of 35MPG I am not driving like a a snail. I like that it is a PZEV partial zero emission vehicle. It took Honda and Toyota 1 to 2 years to bring the PZEV to market. The Focus has been PZEV since 2005 here in CA.. The 2.0 PZEV motor is a terrific motor, I have had zero problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.