Used 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Nice car!
By mndriver4

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car, It's nimble and quick, visibility is the best, nicest economy car I'v ever driven. I get 32 to 34 MPG for my average with about 75% hwy. I like the way you sit high, I'ts been vary reliable 110K miles on it now. I'ts not a refined luxury car but I find it more fun to drive.

Handling, Visibility, fuel economy

Maybe a little better radio,

Fun, Fast but squeaky
By nickmbb

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a nice fast city run-around car. Great on gas and is fun to drive. On the highway, it drives smooth at high speeds. Had it for 6 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems (except that squeak).

Excellent gas milage, very good front window field of view, a lot of head room (I'm 6'6"), large trunk compared to other cars of this size, easy and fun to drive. Has a nice "punch" in its maneuverability. Nice car for urban area, easy to park.

Not the greatest motion stability, rides bumpy. It developed the famous rear side squeak that mechanics can't seem to fix since they can't see any damage when they look for it.

crap!!!
By sm448669

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06 se at focus,and this is the 3rd!!!! tranny i have put in it...the original crapped out on me at 60,000 miles replaced it and the 2nd one crapped out on my after only 30,000...i will never ever ever again buy another ford car!!!!!!!!

put better transmission in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Focus on bang for buck
By bliston1

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First real car that i've purchased coming from driving a dodge neon that i put way to much time into keeping running been driving this car since 01/08 and it's been doing great, now i've been reading through the reviews saying that it's bad in the snow, and i'm going to go out on a limb and just say they must have bald tires or be horrible drivers. living in Logan Utah i have yet to have any problems through out the 3 winters that i've had this car, and I've got 40k+ on the all weather tires. Also i'm 6'1 and fit very well into the car with plenty of room to spare may be a bit low to get into but not that bad,

Favorite, it's no 10 second car but it's got some pep that is fun, the handle on dry roads is also fun if you just have that urge while driving to open up on a corner. the stock sound system has been great, noted I've added an amp / sub, but no problem what so ever with the door speakers the seats in it are not to firm, and not to soft, I've done a lot of highway driving in this car and only once have i had to pull over due to just being to tired to drive, it gives you a comfort like a glove yet doesn't relax you to much

the only real main thing to have them improve would have to be the breaks noise and also when driving the engine noise is there as well, so if you're looking for a quiet ride this may not be your first choice, but i'm young and the sound system seems to cover it up well i like to drive, so i usually have friends in the back, and they don't have much room back there so i wouldn't say it's a great family car, maybe good for starting out with just 2 + 1 or 2 kids, but would imagine it to not be comfortable for much more than that

Very Reliable Car!
By sobefobik

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this has been a great car and I would purchase another. I have put over 110,000 on this car in 4 years with no problems other than replacing the alternator, which is a cheap fix. The CD player did break, too. Also, the rear brakes are very squeaky, which seems to be a common problem with the car. I've driven this on several trips each being 2,000+ miles with NO problems.

Very tight handling, good power, comfortable seats, reliable, looks good, FUN to drive. I'm very conscious of getting the best MPG with how I drive, and I get between 33-35 MPG.

The cup holders are awful. They're not deep enough or narrow enough to adequately hold cups. If you're turning sharply, you literally need to hold onto the cups to prevent from falling over. They have fixed this with the newest model Focus. The trunk is big, but the opening is too small. Squeaky brakes.