Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

my red focus
By Berenice

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

when i first bought the car i was like its nice it looks cool its cheap , then i took it for a test drive it was a very smooth i liked it a lot

it saves gas easy to drive

they already made a new one so i guess they improved it

Great Little Wagon for Price!!
By Lisa Pelz

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle! Handles well with awesome gas mileage! Holds all of my sons sporting equipment as one of the reasons why I have purchased this vehicle. Love the sunroof and the multi disc player. I bought extra, the net for groceries and the cargo cover for the back so you can hide your valuables. Handles great! Fits me like a glove. No where to put your purse but in the back seat. Unfortunately had one accident in it and we were all safe! Awesome!

Love the body style and the sleek design! Got it in Cobalt Blue! Wow! The color looks S-H-A-R-P expecially at night.

Fool proof door locks. Better Adhesive for the extra back piece where the hatch is is comming off. I really hate the brake squeeking is bad at first if they are wet for a few minutes. Something I cannot prevent or fix..but I can live with this.

it is a nice car
By Memphisian

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it to replace my old Ford Escort. Now my wife drives it and I drive it during weekends. Compared to my Ford Fusion, it is noisy. That is the only thing I can complain about. Man, this car is 4,000 dollar cheaper than Ford Fusion. Can they be the same? I own it for 3 years and only the CD player had problem and it was replaced by a brand new one without cost. Believe it? This car does not need to change air filter. The gas mileage is good, it is a great economic compact car.

CD / MP3 player and sound system, reliablilty, good gas mileage,; power features.

Console can be better. I don't like the sporty steering wheel very much

Great car!
By Prash

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car since it was exactly 14k. Corolla and Civic were more expensive and Sentra had worse mileage. I did not want another Accord because of the price. I have had this car for about 3 yrs now and now have 103k miles on it. I never changed the tires until one blew up at 102k, Jiffy Lube messed up my gas line due to a gas filter change and I had to get the entire gas line replaced. Other than changing oil, trans oil, coolant, tires, serpentine belt..no major problems. I would recommend this car to everyone. I drive 170 miles everyday and get about 33-36mpg. Why would I want a hybrid giving me 40k and costing me 24k?

Gas mileage and low maintenance costs.

Seating should be bettter. I already noticed that the seats in the 2008 Ford Focus had better lumbar support and I got about 42mpg driving on the higway! Alas, it was a loaner from the dealership.

Not bad at all
By nichole

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely not a bad car. Only problem is when the alternator went up. Scared the crap out of me and seemed a little ironic that it happened with less than 20,000 miles on the car, but whatever. Not too impressed at needing new tires at 20,000 either. Partial blame on the dealer for not doing it and then the other half on myself for not knowing to ask. Handling is pretty good and parking is really easy. Not thrilled with the road noise at high speeds but I'll take that over having to turn off my AC to get moving above 30 mph in my old car.

Sitting up so high! I'm 5'1 and I love how much I can see. I'm also left handed and I love that the car is too. (If you don't know what I mean, see what happens when you roll down the windows or lock the door)

No cup holders in the door. You can't roll down the window. A center console might be nice. Gas release from the inside.