2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice car
By T. Dunst on 08/06/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

98,000 miles so far. Replaced alternator and battery at 60,000 miles. No other problems. 38 mpg. Very fast vehicle, good acceleration. With the manual tranny it is quite sporty and handles well. I will buy another after this one has 200,000 on it. Its been to California (from East Coast) and is my 134 mile a day commuting car.

Horrible car!!
By orionmomof3 on 07/24/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new! Within a year my transmission went out, clutch, clutch cylinder and my front axle broke!! I never drove it rough never got in an accident nothing! It was in the shop for two months!!! got it back two weeks later my clutch transmission was out again! I got tired of waiting and bought a four door 07 focus....all of them are horrible!! door handle has broken off, cant use the key to the trunk, my alternator broke....mind you both were brand new!!!!! Ford is horrible and I will never buy from them again!!!!!!

It is almost a garbage.
By dianbo on 07/21/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2005 ford focus. The plastic material is so cheap that many small parts are broken in 3 years. Comparing to my wife's corolla, it is much higher gas consuming. Now the back door remote contral failed to lock, and need spend $300 dollars to fix it. I really regret I bought it.

Junk
By puskar49 on 07/06/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Less than a year after buying this car, the transmission died. It turns out there is a design flaw with the transmission. Way to go Ford. Regardless, the car is a piece of junk. The interior is cheap and cramped and rattles like the doors are lined with ball bearings.

great car
By MH on 04/11/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We love the hatchback, but there's more to love, too. Very zippy, even with the automatic, yet pretty good fuel economy. Good road feel and handling. Small footprint with plenty of interior space and decent backseat room. My husband is tall and I'm not, but we both feel comfortable driving. Very reliable. Really like the keyless entry.

Best Choice for the Price
By LarryZX4SES on 03/23/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many dozens of Fords. I traded-off a 2003 Ranger FX4 for the Focus. My wife and I test drove every make of vehicle before deciding, and the last two choices were a BMW 3 series or the Focus. The BMW was without question better in performance, handling and comfort, but not $20,000.00 better. I drive the car to work daily and average around 28-29 mpg in town. On the highway the mileage can jump to 34 mpg or better. The car is almost paying for itself on gasoline savings alone. The main selling points for me were the leg room, handling, pretty good pep especially for passing on the highway, and over all comfort. For a drive-to-work car, it has been very good.

Great 1st Car for a Teen
By Firefighter254 on 03/10/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Trying to find a reasonably proced low mileage used Honda/Toyota/Nissan is impossible, so we tried the Ford Focus and it was the best thing we could have done. We found our 2005 ZX4-SES complete with every option except leather seats for under $9300 w/tax/prep. Just a great car for a first timer like my teenage daughter- came with ABS and side air bags. Great MPG as well-she loves it ! Cjeap to run, cheap to keep and it just goes and goes and goes.

my red focus
By Berenice on 03/09/09 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

when i first bought the car i was like its nice it looks cool its cheap , then i took it for a test drive it was a very smooth i liked it a lot

Great car and more room than you think..
By SnoProG on 01/08/09 20:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a good bit for work and this car fit the bill, litterally. I get 31- 32 mpg all highway and average about 26 mixed, and as low as 20 in city, winter driving where I sometimes park for a coffee and leave the motor running with the heat on. The motor is no slouch; and I've owned SVT Lightnings. I have absolutely no complaints, save two. I bought this car from a senior in Florida to use in Michigan. The problems are the driver door window seal at the bottom fusing to the glass so that I can't roll the window down and have to use a credit card to separate the rubber from the glass. It happens quite a bit. The other is the washer fluid lines freezing up in below zero weather. I'll survive.

Focus on the MPG
By JOL on 11/14/08 08:35 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I initially purchased the car while in the service in Guam back in 2005, and drove it less than 5,000 miles my first 3 years. Now that I'm back in the states, I get to see just how the ZX5 really nandles. I had to replace the original dealership tires at 16,000 miles, otherwise, it runs like a gem. I drove it from Houston to Dallas last week, and still had a quarter tank left when I got there. So, I drove on that 1/4 of gas back to Houston. You do the math. And yes, the AC was on.