2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fun to Drive
By Beth T. on 04/11/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is definitely fun to drive, especially with the powerful engine that it has and it's a smaller car. It runs so smooth. The design of the front driver side and passenger side doors are lousy. When I put my take out beverage in the door cupholder and then I went to roll up the window, my hand hit the beverage and pop went all over the door. When you roll the window up and down, your hand hits the maps in the map holder. Part of the door sticks out which is really awkward and annoying. There is no light inside in the middle to see the backseat. I also had a manual on my Ford Escort, but this is an automatic. I really wish I got a manual.

Never though I would buy a Ford
By chevyfangoneford on 04/04/05 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I never thought i would buy a Ford after getting out of my 2003 Chevy Cavalier, the Focus made my Chevy Cavalier seem so cheap and out of date. I love this car and I'm so happy with it.

Worth every penny!
By Phil on 04/03/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove everything in this price range & for the money you can't beat it. It has nice 2-tone interior, 6 disc CD changer with subwoofer, awesome exhaust note and with $4200 in rebates & discounts I ended up paying about $14,500! Try to get a Mazda3 or Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic for that price. This vehicle is no hot rod but it is very fun to drive.

2nd new car
By Mike on 04/02/05 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I told myself after buying a brand new 1984 Dodge Caravan and having someone wreck it in my driveway I would never buy a new car again...well here I am and I did buy a new 2005 Focus SES. The car handles like a European car, extremely well, sure of itself and very responsive. It lacks power but makes up for that in the handling. Stopping seems OK and the car makes the driver feel in total control. I am still unsure of the mpg which I will carefully scrutinize. Overall I am pleased with the car so far.

My Second Love
By dmead on 03/24/05 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In 2001 I went from a four door Explorer XLT into a 2001 Ford Focus Street Edition. I absolutely loved it. This March I decided to give the '01 to my 24 year old daughter and I bought a 2005 Focus ST fully loaded. I love this one even better. Great improvements. Feels bigger inside. Love the exhaust noise. Of course it had to be red.

I traded my pickup for this
By Texas Boy on 03/23/05 04:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at cars for over 2 years, I chose the Focus over the Mustang GT, Jaguar, Volvo, BMW Z4, and BMW 3 series. The Focus is not as fast, nor does it handle quite as well as a BMW, but it is as comfortable, it gets better mileage, it handles fine, has to be more dependable than the imports, and is $20k less expensive. I am not thrilled with the front wheel drive, it not being as driveable on ice (dangerous in my opinion). Road and engine noise is higher than Ranger pickups, and too much plastic is used in the interior. Brakes are ok but not as good as I think they should be. I was in need of a good little car that is good on gas, and the 2005 Focus fit the bill.

2nd Ford Focus
By bigfoot on 03/22/05 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our family's second Focus. We also own a 2000 Focus that my son and daughter fight over. Even with all the recalls the 2000 Focus had, we still love driving that car. The 2005 Focus was purchased fully loaded, and that means it even has remote start. The new motor has even more pep than the 2000. In real life every day driving, it's just a whole lot of fun. The steering is very responsive, and the motor gets up and goes!

Just Bought One
By mrslgoza on 03/21/05 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Focus about 2 days ago, and I have put a little over 150 miles on it. I've been impressed with the way it drives. I have always owned a car with a manual transmission, but this little car has been a new experience for me. It has a lot of power, and there is no change in power even when my whole family is in there, nor when I turn on the air conditioning. Neither has made the engine stall what so ever. I drive about 80 miles a day and I feel this car is going to be the best with fuel efficiency, it has been so far. I am proud of the 100k mile warranty on the engine. It made it so much easier making my decision for purchase. I am very pleased so far.

Love my Focus
By just me! on 03/19/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Focus I have gotten; the first was a 2000 and gave me some problems. Mostly it was the dealership I was taking it too. The Focus is a great car. I have back and hip problems and don't have any trouble with comfort. Get the Focus you will love it. It's good for any age too.

Nice
By Taylor on 02/26/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car because it is fun to drive and it is amazing on gas mileage. I drove 50 miles on a full tank and I used hardly any gas. Only draw back is that the interior is fairly plain. With less controls though less can go wrong with the car. Great for a starting out car. This car is great especially if you want more of an European idea of a car.