2003 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
ALWAYS DRIVE HARD
By RODNEY GREEN on 12/17/04 15:11 PM (PST)

LOVE THE CAR VERY FAST AND RUN EXCELLENT LOVE THE 6TH GEAR

Excellent deal
By linuxevangelist on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Handling is nearly unbelievable. Braking performance is awesome as well. Low-end torque is missing so it's a little slow of the line but once it gains enough RPM's to hit the power band it really takes off. The interior design is really nice. Stereo system is awesome. Seats are comfortable and the back seats are surprisingly roomy. There is a slightly noticable problem with rough idle that appears from time to time. This is a known problem by Ford and can be made better (but not fixed completely) by having the computer reprogrammed by an authorized SVT service center - this issue was fixed in the 2004 model. I'm very happy with my purchase overall and would certainly recommend this car.

Better than 28 MPG !
By cjones on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car.... I work for a Ford Dealer and decided on this car after a customer passed on a great deal. I haven't looked back. I drive agressively and average better than 28 MPG with an EPA rating of 20/25! It's a joy to drive, but does need more torque at lower RPM's.

Great Car - especially for the $
By 03ZX5SVT on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I first bought this car I knew it was oriented to the performance side of the market, but I didn't realize how well sorted out the car was. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway on my daily communte and I've taken 1st place on the autoX on the weekends. The power is excellent for it's class and price and the 6 speed transmission makes it fun to run throught the gears. Handling is simply unbelievable - I've out paced miatas, porches and other expensive and more powerful cars on the track. My car has been mechanically sound too. No real problems to report. I Highly recommend this car - especially as a used one can be had for very little $$$

A beautiful hypochondriac girlfriend.
By gukin on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We started off well, me and my orange Euro appearance SVT when the clutch starting making odd sounds around 6000 miles. I brought it into the dealer where he replaced the clutch & flywheel. He also borked the exhaust system, alignment, and shift linkage. I brought it back because my SVT steered like a cow and the dealer aligned it and "balanced" the tires. He actually "unbalanced" the tire and now my car shakes like a paint mixer. The shift linkage broke three miles from home so I drove at 6000 RPM in first gear. The dealer repaired the shifter but crashed the front-end which now squeaks like an old rocking chair. Ford built it badly and the dealer has finished it off.

My experience with my SVT
By Kelly Majors on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

At first I really enjoyed the car. It is great fun to drive. The 6 speed provides good pull at every shift. I have experienced some problems with the car however. It has been back to the dealership 4 times with clutch problems. One of those times I had to be towed in. Finally all the clutch assembly, slave cylinder etc. had to be replaced. Needless to say with less then 20,000 miles on it, I have lost some of my confidence in the car. Gas mileage is good but the car requires gasoline rated over 91 (super premium). With prices over $2.00, it can cost well over $20.00 to fill the tank. I will not buy another Focus SVT again.

I love the Focus SVT!
By Callie on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car three monthes ago and I've been running with it ever since. The car handles great, is comfortable for long drives, and it is SO FUN TO DRIVE. I would definitely recommend this car for someone who loves the sporty handling and performance and wants a sensible car(tons of cargo space and pretty good on gas mileage for a performance car.) I LOVE MY SVT!!

SVT Power
By gvran7171 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Lot's of bang for the buck. real xenon lights, not those fake aftermarket lights. Need to keep revs up to enjoy engine. Unreal handeling. kept up with bmw 330 series no problem. very stable at high speeds (110 plus).

SVT Plays No Games
By Guy McFadden on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I work in a body shop and there we had an SVT Ford Focus ZX3 and it in the shop for repairs. Looking at the car on the lift, I was amazed at the transformation of the suspension of the vehicle MAN! I was impressed. To expand my curiosity I opened the hood and as soon as I saw the prim and propper set up of the engine and the sound I said im diffinitly going to buy this car and I did.

So much car for relatively few dollars
By 2003ZX5SVT on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought this car I knew it would be fun, but I didn't realize what a great package Ford put together. It's practical, feature laden, sporty, fun, roomy, cheap all things that usually not found in a single car. It could use more power, but that's always true. The creature comforts are first rate - HID lights on a sub 20K car - wow. It handles like it's on rails, once moving is relatively fast.