2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Focus ZX5

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Focus ZX5
By mahrow on

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

1yr and 12k miles-- I drove competitive makes and decided Focus over Matrix, Civic & others. Adequate for families and tall people, just enough space to make this car practical. It came with LOVELY Firestone (why is Ford is still doing business with them) tires. I had the dealer upgrade to a high performance Yokohama and it DRASTICALLY improved the handling. I hit a curb (playing dodge cat) and TOTALED the aluminum rims (both ends @ 30mph) and my side airbag went off. If I had had a passenger they would have been plastered to the door when the bag went off...WOULD HAVE HURT!!! I wonder about the safety of the bags

6 disc cd player w/lots of features...comparable to a Corvette's system. Good deal for the $$$ Ford is mounting a comeback in economy car style and reliability. MUCH more get up and go at lower RPM's than the Toyota.

HORRIBLE resale. If I would have known I was going to sell my car in a year I would have bought the Toyota!!!! FREE Flashlight...the dome light is WORTHLESS you can't see in the back seat at night! cupholders...etc.