Used 2002 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus 5-door Hatchback
By gklemmer

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Delivers to expectations. Performance is good, fuel economy a bit less than expected. Good on the expressway, more comfortable seating than expected.

Hatchback, 6-disc CD player

Automatically unlock the doors when vehicle is put in park.

great car for the money
By a1awind

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

since i bought it in july i have put 18k miles on it i have driven from miami to pittsburgh and back 2 times and to tallahasse and not a problem yet ( my ac compressor leaked .. but it was fixed under warranty ) it is a great travel car if you cant afford a crown vic and i would recommend this to anyone it feels like a $20k+ car inside

waving to the vw golfs i pass in the corners, beautiful exaust note (i added a borla) interior is more comfortable than my moms buick

better sound system (offer xm from the factory)needs cooler rims and a lil more base power and gas milage

Great car so far
By hdwnkr53

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great compact car.For the money it is loaded with many great features.I bought it for myself but after letting my wife drive it oh well you know the rest.I guess i'll have to get another one.

POwer moonroof,6 disc cd player 16 inch wheels

Rear suspension wheel hop on bad roads

Focus ZX5
By mahrow

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

1yr and 12k miles-- I drove competitive makes and decided Focus over Matrix, Civic & others. Adequate for families and tall people, just enough space to make this car practical. It came with LOVELY Firestone (why is Ford is still doing business with them) tires. I had the dealer upgrade to a high performance Yokohama and it DRASTICALLY improved the handling. I hit a curb (playing dodge cat) and TOTALED the aluminum rims (both ends @ 30mph) and my side airbag went off. If I had had a passenger they would have been plastered to the door when the bag went off...WOULD HAVE HURT!!! I wonder about the safety of the bags

6 disc cd player w/lots of features...comparable to a Corvette's system. Good deal for the $$$ Ford is mounting a comeback in economy car style and reliability. MUCH more get up and go at lower RPM's than the Toyota.

HORRIBLE resale. If I would have known I was going to sell my car in a year I would have bought the Toyota!!!! FREE Flashlight...the dome light is WORTHLESS you can't see in the back seat at night! cupholders...etc.

Ford Focus
By lauren mattatall

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive and excellent as far as gas mileage is concerned. The Ford Focus that I bought last year has been great for me, an on- the-go student.I love road trips and this car has proven itself. It can go anywhere reliably and for very little money. I have had only one problem, with the CD player, but it gets used A LOT! Ford fixed it with no problem.

Favorite features are the CD player, of course, and the really good factory speakers and stereo. The six disc changer is something I can't live without now that I'm used to it. I also love the remote locks and trunk pop, and all the pockets that give you a place to put stuff.

The dome light needs to be placed farther back, or another one needs to be installed in the back seat area. The back seat is pitch black at night with all the map lights and dome light on. The light in the trunk is not bright enough to see anything.

• SUV