2001 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews 8

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (87 reviews )
Fun Driving Workhorse
By Jay on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought my Focus for the gas mileage as I have a 190 mile round trip daily commute. The zippy engne, and great handling have been a nice suprise. With 30k miles in 11 months the quality has been consistant with no problems to report. Really a great car.

I love my focus!
By maribela21 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to owe an escort, and the difference with my new focus is night and day. I look forward to driving my car everyday......i'm still in love with my car, that's what buying a car should feel like......wouldn't trade it for the world!

DO NOT BUY
By eddy on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

VERY ugly, slow and American (unreliable). poor design and looks

ZX3 NIRVANA
By Quentin on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 5 speed Focus for a little over a year and I love to drive this car to work. I'm 6' 2" and I fit well in the driver's seat. The engine, transmission, steering, suspension and brakes are incredibly capable and satisfying. My Ford dealer has been great. The only defect was a faint rattle in the rear which was a vibrating shock absorber, quickly diagnosed and replaced.

A great Car
By cleggsan on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

First rate small car.

Great Car!
By Douglas on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for a year, but it's a fantastic vehicle. The driving pleasure is just superb. Handling, acceleration, and ride all congeal to create a wonderful product.

It's a great car!
By bgkast on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. The only problem I have had, (a faulty moon roof switch) was fixed by the dealer with no problem. Corners great and is a blast to drive! Two thumbs up!

ZX3 Rocks
By akbossman on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great from the get go. I have found it to be as much fun as a Mustang! Many companies already make items for you to make your custom wild or mild. Don't bother buying the power windows etc you can reach them with no problem. I spend 2 1/2 hours a day in this fun little car and I 'm 6'3"

Love It
By Serpent on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got this car beginning of last week. Although I have had my share of problems with the Ford dealership, the car has been great. One problem is that the Check Engine light has come on, and they cant figure out why it wont turn off. I have to take my car in this Saturday (again) for them to take a look at it (again) to see if they can find whats wrong. If the Ford dealership wasn't so dumb, this would be a really awesome car.

traction control
By jayj on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

traction control was worth the price of admission...worked well in bad weather with oem tires...very effective in snow/slush/even ice