Used 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Focus Wagon

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

love it
By katie loves tyler

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2001 Ford focus Se Wagon. I love this car. Only has 117,000 miles on it! My boyfriend is always very excited to drive it. His car is a year newer but is a Pontiac and he would Rather drive mine instead! I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Manual trans

Out of Focus
By Pat

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a comfortable, responsive, and very nice car up until 2006 when at 57,000 miles the fuel system began to cause it to stall intermittently. Since then, with plenty of $$ in repairs to the fuel system and rentals, it still stalls out anywhere - anytime - any speed - very dangerous. Now Ford is telling me that it needs a $1200 wiring harness, which I cannot afford to do after all the rental and repair expenses. The charge for diagnosing this: $181.00. In 2001, I had an immediate repair under warranty for something that caused a tsunami in the front passenger floor. Now it's moldy throughout. A spring broke last year, fixed under a warranty "silent" recall. Steer clear of this car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable for my back on long trips, responsive, excellent gas mileage until fuel system problems occurred, roomy cargo area, nice looking.

Suggested Improvements

Better all-over quality control.

Never buy one this
By gracie

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You are better of setting a few thousand dollars on fire and then buying a used Honda or Toyota. I have spent 3K on this in the past 6 weeks, three trips to the dealership and it only has 65k on it. I truly would love to see the US produce a car that did not break down every season, but to date every experence that I have had over the past 12 years with US cars are the same. My wifes Honda has 100k and has never, I repeat never had a single problem.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

If ford does not invest in quality parts the company will not see 2020

2001 ford focus se wagon
By edward jensen

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my focus used with 21000 miles on it.The wagon was very useful for utility purposes.The car had many accessories that were very useful.I loved the car the first couple years.But then it started to cost me to much to maintain. I traded it in to a local ford dealer at about 67,500 miles on it.I had given up on it and told them why.

Favorite Features

wagon very useful, power accessories very nice. looks very good inside and out.Good trade in allowance.

Suggested Improvements

To many problems with brakes.Grinding noise from rear brakes never fixed right.Costly engine repair and parts on the car were to cheaply made.

You get what you pay for.
By tommyschw

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car used for a pretty good price. We have had it for 3 years now and it has been fairly reliable. It can be a bear to work on yourself at times, due to the way it was built. There have been sensor problems and it is leaking coolant now. Hopefully we can get a few more years out of it, we take really good care of it, and it still seems to have problems. More so than my Pontiac Grand Am.

Favorite Features

Wagon, interior design, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Cheaply built, Ford should really be using more reliable parts in their cars.