New Flex
By Jake on
2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We were looking for a car with more space and comfort than my wife's Toyota Corolla. Which we traded on the Flex. We own a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD. We love it but, the Flex has way more space and comfort. We took a 325 mile trip with it straight from the dealership. 24 MPG as long as you keep it at 2000 RPM's or less. The sound system is super. The driver seat in the SEL is more comfortable than my recliner! We went to our sons house and the five of us went out to eat. They were equally impressed with the comfort and space in the Flex. The cabin is well laid out. Dual climate controls are nice. It is as advertised by Ford. If you are looking for space, comfort and fair MPG buy one!
Favorite Features
Limo comfort in the second row. I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. My son is 6' 2" and 220 pounds. We had plenty of room in the second row. My grandson is nearly our size and was happy in the third row. Plenty of space. Fold down the seats and it's a van. Great sound system. Handles like a sports car!
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I have found to dislike so far is the hump around the cell phone AC outlet in the passenger area. I hit my left leg on it. My wife is 5' 4" and she said its fine for her. Long legs over there will need to be careful.