Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

No Support From Ford
By swaldron

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this new in 2009 and overall have been please with the vehicle. However, I had to rate build quality and reliability low here due to the following: at about 30K (warranty) it needed a new front hub & bearing; at 44K it then needed a right rear caliper ($500). We were very disappointed that the dealer would not contact Ford about what they could do about the caliper (I currently also have 2 GM vehicles with well over 100K miles on them with original hubs and calipers!). The dealer had the nerve to tell me that he had a concern about using aftermarket calipers... I just looked at him and said "really, right now I have to pay $500 to fix a Ford OEM caliper!" Going back to GM!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and well designed interior. Great driving... what a Lincoln station wagon would be like!

Suggested Improvements

Have Ford stand behind their brake problems with these vehicles... this could have been a very dangerous situation!

Overall, Hunk of Junk!
By kelsey_b19

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have had nothing but problems since we got our flex. What's worse is the countless number of times we have to take it in to the dealer. They do not acknowledge the fact that this car should be considered a lemon. It has a foul smell coming from the ac/heater, the brakes grind and pulsate when you apply pressure, the interior has a constant rattling sound, the front console latch broke off within one month of buying it, the cheap plastic air vent covers fell off within 6 months of buying the vehicle, and the transmission grinds, jerks, pops, and seizes up often. We bought it from ken grody ford in carlsbad, ca and they sold it to us with electrical problems in the headrest!

Favorite Features

Overall I hate this car. I regret buying and the pretty exterior and fancy features are not enough to make me like it! I would declare it a lemon!

Suggested Improvements

I suggest they actually fix what is wrong with the flex instead of making excuses as to why they have no responsibilty for fixing things that are covered under warranty.

Best Car Ever
By Betty Farmer

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have been married 37 years and have always been Ford owners. The best purchase ever is the Ford Flex. We like to travel and the ride and comfort in the Flex makes the trip enjoyable and relaxing. Our family and friends have alot of precious memories spent together traveling in the Flex. We tell everyone how much we "love" our Flex and recommend it as a great car to purchase. I can't wait for Ford to offer another 0% financing on the Flex so I can purchase a new one to enjoy. I don't understand why Ford does not advertise the "Flex" because to me it is the best car on the road.

Favorite Features

Very easy driving; comfortable seating; big enough but not too big; Sirius radio; miles per gallon; rides fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests on front 2 seats - they stick out too much and is very uncomfortable. The phone needs improving - I don't use mine anymore because it would not work correctly and people on the other end couldn't understand me. Would not get one in another car. Not worth the money.

Quality is just not there!
By cdnmominaz

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I HATE HATE HATE to say it but the title reads true! My father retired with Ford and our family has a LONG history of buying/owning Ford vehicles! BUT this one missed the mark. It is a 2009, I get it, things will go wrong....but I wasn't anticipating all the issues we've had thus far. Here we go: 1. Clear coat began peeling. (Almost immediately after bringing it home to AZ, coincidentally just a year or so after the paint warranty expired!) Looks like an old, beat up junker now! EW! 2. Ball bearing issue. (Umm, yes my tire was dangerously loose and that is totally unacceptable) 3. The door handles continue to fall off (yes, these cheap, junkie, chrome wanna-be come right off!)

Favorite Features

I think I love how the whole thing is slowly falling apart before our eyes, the terrible quality and of course I love that the leather interior is slowly coming apart (even with proper maintenance!)

Suggested Improvements

ummmm.... well, it would be nice if Ford fixed the paint, the ball bearing issue, the door handle? Maybe make it out of real material? (It's so cheap feeling it feels like it could be my 2 years old son's toy!) I'm sad to say, after growing surrounded by Ford hater but always believing in Ford because my dad and family did....I've finally come to realize why Ford is hated by many.... sorry Ford when it comes time to buy our next vehicle I don't think I could convince myself or my husband to buy a Ford again. We're breaking up, it's YOU not me!

Love My Flex!
By Love this Car!!!!

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an outstanding vehicle. The overall quality is excellent and the comfort is superior. We have had our Flex for a year and a half with absolutely no problems. The sync system and Sony stereo are great especially the IPOD USB connection as well as the cell phone interface. We moved about a year ago and I could not believe the amount of room in this car. I kept putting box after box in and it still took more. The heated front and rear seats, the console refrigerator and the head and leg room make this car the best on long trips.

Favorite Features

Comfort and leg room, sync, console refrigerator, ease of setting up third row seats, decent mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel