2013 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ecoboost blues
By linkdevon on 08/19/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Worst. Truck. Ever! I'm on my SECOND, Ford bought back my first F150 because of issues with the engine "misfire" and "stumble" They can't fix these things! Mine has had numerous updates, reflashes, parts changed, and yet it still suffers from hesitations. I'm also having problems with Sync, the A/C, and recently a driveline vibration and pulling to the right. Top it off with poor fuel economy nowhere near what Ford advertises! The final straw was results from a oil analysis, Other Ecoboost owners are having very high fuel dilution in their oil, mine is no different. I doubt these engines will live much past 100,000 miles.

My first and last Ford truck
By chiefsss on 07/16/14 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

'13 F-150 Crew 4X4 Eco-boost V6, all at 15K service: The rotors had to be turned due to vibration on braking. After never hitting anything that would cause the alignment to be out of spec, the alignment cost me nearly $500 (for a camber kit installation) because the factory equip. could not be adjusted to the proper correction. Driver outside door handle must be replaced - have to pull twice to open. Driver door molding/seal replaced A/C not cold in hot weather. SYNC sucks Occasional power hesitation on start from stop-sign Various rattles within the cabin Heat-recirc. turns off after 5 min in winter

F-150 2013 EcoBoost Review at 5000 miles
By mrpgh on 04/19/14 20:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm at 5000 miles and at 4400 miles I took the new truck I purchased in October 2013 in to the Ford Dealership for rust issues. The inside (back side) of the chrome bumpers are showing corrosion, the air intake in the front bumper for the ecoboost models has an angled plate that is rusting and the factory painted (black) areas underneath are already showing rust. The dealer contacted Ford after taking photos and Ford responded it's normal wear and tear, no action taken on it. The running board is also starting to corrode where the driver mirrors drips down onto it due to the design. in heavy rain the turbo misfires and the service engine light blinks and all power was lost.

Expensive Tires
By mncm_retired on 03/24/14 18:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

With less than 14000 miles on the vehicle I noticed both front tires were wearing out on the outside edges only. I told them that I wanted the camber checked. I took it to my dealer and the told me that my tires were under inflated. I pointed out that under inflation would wear out both inside and outside edges not just one. They told me that the tire settings were okay and there wasn't a problem. I can't afford to spend nearly $500 every 15000 miles for two new tires. Please be careful when buying this truck because it can get expensive real quick for things that should not wear out quickly.

Great Mileage
By solarspinniker on 11/05/13 08:37 AM (PST)

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving for a couple of months I really like this truck. Already get better gas mileage then the 08 explorer. Got the 20 inch wheels, chrome and trailer towing package. Cold weather does effect the mpg but am getting 24 mpg highway (USA) and hope to get the gov rated 27 mpg by the time I get to Texas. By losing the pounds of the eco charger and 4x4 I can get great city mileage even with my wife onboard! Only complaint I have is when my dog gets out on my side he turns the heat and fan to full because the knobs have such a good grip.

Trailer tow package incomplete
By torque221 on 10/17/13 03:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the truck overall

Very Happy With Purchase
By rjd707 on 09/24/13 19:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love my truck! I just got a 2013 XLT 5.0 V8 and love driving it. I test drove all the other trucks in this class and to me, the F150 felt the most solid and drove the best. Even the RAM, which seems to be the reviewer's car of the month that they are gushing over didn't come close to having that commanding feeling that I got in the 150. Silverado didn't come close. Toyota tundra would have been my second choice, as it was a couple grand cheaper. I wanted eco boost, but went with the V8. Have friend who bought eco boost and the turbo shut down in damp weather on the expressway..seems to be an issue that government is finally looking into....a lot of complaints about it. Still love the 8

My Ford Touch Misses The Mark
By surfisher on 06/25/13 05:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, the truck is very nice. Ford Engineering took some steps to try and make the 2013 F150 a better truck. While some of these areas were improved, others were over engineered and missed the mark.

Love my new Ecoboost! FX4 w/max tow pgk
By falconpike on 06/24/13 19:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

They didn't have an option for 3.5L Ecoboost FX4. I just got done towing a 28ft 8,000lb trailer to Yosemite National Park and it pulled it with no issues, turbo lag or trouble getting up 7%+ grade hills. I had a 2010 with the 5.4ltr v8 and it had trouble pulling the travel trailer even with the 3.73gears. In towing I got average of 12.5mpg. I usually get 15.5 in city and upper teens for hwy but I work in a hilly area so I'm getting better then I expected. I was a little worried about the Ecoboost reviews from the '11 & '12' models but looks like they worked out the kinks for '13 but I leased the truck just in case. If you need a truck that can tow alot & get v6 mpg's, this is the truck!

Very nice truck, 3.7 best suited for light-medium duty
By digitalekg on 06/18/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my company vehicle which I will put 50k miles on per year. It's a comfortable place to be, I drive long distances, and the 3.7L V6 is powerful enough if you don't haul heavy stuff. I get 17-18 mpg overall, I know the EPA highway figure is 23, and I have never come close. The steering, brakes, and ride are quite good. It is a quiet cab which my sleeping baby boy likes. It has a commanding view and no real blind spots. Overall it is a very nice vehicle but if I were buying it for myself I would get the ecoboost V6. I would recommend this truck to a friend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$112 per month*