Used 2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Three weeks and having 2nd thoughts.
By Finler

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well first let me start by saying I really like the F150 XLT line. My XLT came with the 5.4 L V8 Flex Fuel Engine. Which was not a selectable option for this review. The quiet ride is great. Sync tech is really cool and a treat to use. I traded in a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with approx 25,000 miles. At first I didn't realize that this newer model wasn't as capable. I was whisked away by the look, creature comforts and rhetoric of the salesman. Shame on me for not investigating further. My old truck would tow approx 9200+ lbs while this one will only tow approx 8100+ lbs. The problem isn't the engine, it's the axle ratio. Why did they marry a 5.4 v8 to a 3.31 axle? Reduced performance? NOT GOOD.

Favorite Features

I love the look of the vehicle inside and out! I went with the Blue Flame two tone with Silver. It's a head turned. With a family of six plenty of room in the spacious cab. Hands free SYNC tech really handy when speaking on the phone. Plus vehicle health reports - No need for a code readers.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers side grab handle. XLT should not be married to an under preforming axle ratio especially when engine is upgraded to a 5.4L V8 (It just doesn't make sense.) I know, I know, my fault for not checking. Over all happy and sad at the same time. Not a good combination when purchasing a new truck.

Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.

Favorite Features

MSRP 39+K, got it for 31K,Super crew cab, the grill, the tailgate panel, Sync, running boards, ( I'm only 5'6"), capless fuel tank, flexfuel option, deep bed, seating for 6, 10 cup holders, flat floor, 4x4 option available but from what I heard won't need it until at least a foot of snow.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG, I only get 14.4 mpg with city/highway driving, lighted vanity mirrors, trailer break hookup standard on XLT models, all season floor mats (especially for Iowa winters), 1 touch up and down windows, grip bar for driver side (haven't figured a way to get in truck yet w/o steering wheel.

The King
By Wayne

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my King Ranch now for about 6 weeks now and I am loving it. So far haven't had any problems with it (not that I am expecting any). Bought it to replace my 2008 XLT and let me say that this is a huge improvement over the XLT. The interior space is bigger, have not problem fitting kids back there with all their toys and stuff. Love that my son can no longer kick the back of my seat.

Favorite Features

Love the backup camera, Sync system, steering wheel controls and the ride comfort. Its a truck but have the comforts of a luxury car.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a driver side grab handle, and the Sony System is not worth it, sounds awful when its cranked up.

What's not to like?
By Jim

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I became a Ford man in '79 after a bad experience with a Pontiac. Since then I've owned three Ford cars and five Ford trucks. My 2010 F-150 Lariat supercrew is the best so far. The amenities and ride comfort are like a very nice sedan, but it is ALL truck where it counts. Handling is exceptional whether towing or not. Truck sits higher than my '05 F-150 but for some reason, they excluded the driver's side assist handle that was on my '05.

Favorite Features

Sync, heated/cooled front seats, backup cam, interior room, traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Entry/exit assist handles for all doors.

Good truck
By Rodneyp

I traded a 08 Dodge 1500 quad cab for the super crew 5.4 my Dodge had the Hemi but was 4x2 and I wanted a 4x4 and more space in the back for a new baby on the way. I really like the f150 and it the more I drive the more I like it. I looked at the 2010 Dodge crew cab and both were nice. The Dodge had more push you back in the seat power but overall the Ford was better when it came to road noise, seat comfort, rear cab space, and driving comfort. I also am concerned about Dodge's long term stability as a company. I am not a Ford fan boy this is the first Ford I have had in 14 years. I have owned more Chevys, but refuse to buy a Chevy now that it is government motors

Favorite Features

The quietness of the cabin The sync option Gas mileage I a getting 17 mpg avg No hump in the back and space back there

Suggested Improvements

The drink holders do not stop 20 oz bottles from falling over