2010 Ford F-150 XL SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

2010 F-150 King Ranch 4X4
By Al

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd King Ranch & 4th F-Series truck since 1997. They just keep getting better. Replaced my 2005 model with this 2010; wow, what a difference. Re-worked 5.4 liter engine barely labors to move this truck around. More fuel efficient, much, much roomier cab front & back, quiet as a Lexus, significantly better brakes. Love the styling inside & out. Opted for all the toys including 20" wheels, limited-slip 3.55 rear gear ratio, Navi with 700 watt Sony sound system (including subwoofer under the rear seat), sliding rear window, moonroof, and Platinum white tri- coat metallic paint. I find myself looking back for a second glance at the truck every time I drive it.

Favorite Features

Hard to pick out a single favorite since the whole package is better than the total sum of its parts, and much improved over the previous generation F-150. My kids love the heated rear seats, SYNC, and Sony Navi sound system.

Suggested Improvements

A slightly narrower "B" pillar and smaller headrests would eliminate the blind spot on the driver's side. Chrome exhaust tip should be standard on this trim. Lack of a driver's side grab handle seems an oversight by the engineers. Driver's power window should be 1 touch down AND up.

Freekin awesome!
By Mhykael

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

What can I say. Its a man's truck, that my girly wife loves to drive. Ive taken my 2x4 places where i would be hesitant to take a 4x4, made it out alive and no worse for wear, and a quick wash then my executive wife can take it to be valet parked with everyones envy. Interior style and plushness, and outdoor ruggedness and sustainability. There is nothing else out there.

Favorite Features

The style and range and durability.

Suggested Improvements

A little better gas mileage would be nice, but otherwise have zero complaints.

Best half ton yet!
By Happy Camper

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I came out of a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali AWD and questioned if the F150 would measure up to the GMC in terms of performance and amenities. Whereas the GMC has a more powerful engine the F150 beats the GMC in every other category hands down. In my onion the new F150 is the nicest, best built feature packed half ton on the market today and Ford did it without taking any tax payer money! Fit and finish are top notch and not a squeak or rattle to be heard.

Favorite Features

Quite, smooth ride, power running boards, Jukebox, SYNC, interior fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission could use some refinement but does appear to be improving with miles driven. Using recommended regular gas the gas mileage is a bit disappointing; the GMC with over 400 hp got better mileage but it did require premium.

Ford f150 Lariat 2010
By Mike

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

First, I have got to say that I am impressed with the fuel economy. I drive a mixture of highway and city and get an average per tank of 17.9 mpg. Second, I am very impressed with the spacious interior and inside comfort. Finally, when I load the truck up it handles and drives as smooth as if there is nothing in it. Love this truck!

Favorite Features

I love the backup sensors and camera, heated and cooled 10-way power seats and Sony stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

I did not get the remote start and wish that I had. Power side mirrors would also be a plus.

F-150 beats them all
By Darnell J

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2010 XLT Supercrew, I must say it is a very smooth and quiet running truck, even at highway speeds. The seats are very comfortable my wife and I are both tall so we enjoy all the room in this truck. The XM radio is the greatest. Thanks Ford, you made a winner this time.

Favorite Features

XM radio, comfortable seats, tailgate steps,floor in the back is completely flat

Suggested Improvements

turn signals in mirrors come standard, handle on drivers side to pull up on when entering truck radio controls on steering wheel standard

Replaced My Tundra
By mongoose

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After my 08 Tundra was totaled in an accident I went shopping for a replacement. I wanted another Tundra, but when the dealership pressed too hard, I went to Ford. When comparing the spec sheets, Ford simply had more of what I was looking for in the right price range. I always like the looks of the F150 better anyway, and now it is competitive on safety. After 3 months with this truck now, I love it. It's my daily commuter as well as a true 2nd family vehicle and big enough to carry the whole hunting crew and all of our equipment.

Favorite Features

Interior over all is fantastic. All the extra steps to assist with bed access are great. Synch system is great.

Suggested Improvements

A few minor things could be improved. Interior seems a little hard on long trips. Cushioned arm rests and a telescoping steering wheel would be nice. It needs a driver side grab handle, as well as an AC outlet in the back seat for kids electronic games. I would simplify all the small dash button

Luxury Truck
By Golfingg

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck after a driver ran a red light and damaged my 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ which was 4 months old. This truck is more comfortable, has a lot more room and the interior has a better design, materials and finish. The ride is great and the performance seems superior. The navigation system display is great, the Sonyaudio system with factory subwoofer sounds awesome. Bluetooth is much more functional than in the previous truck. The exhaust system has just enough volume to recognize it has power but not to be an annoyance. The Tuxedo Black exterior with metal flakes makes a very nice presentation in sunlight. Gas mileage is expected for a truck with this power and size.

Favorite Features

The auto deploying running boards, heated and cooled seats, the interior theatre lighting, audio with Sync system. "Capless" fueling is very convenient.

Suggested Improvements

Homelink door opener and power folding mirrors are 2 things that I miss on this truck.

Best Truck For Me.
By Bob >

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Unbelievably comfortable. Only options I went with: Limited slip differential, trailer tow package, and skid plates. Wish I had opted for sync. and Satellite radio. The crew cab is spacious and versatile. The front bench seat is more comfortable then most buckets, bolstered so you do not slide around when driving. Every control is perfectly located the vents are adjustable and in the right spots. The 4.6 engine mated to the 6 speed transmission is magic. MPG roughly 18 highway and 15.5 city so far. Fit and finish is superb. Love this truck.

Favorite Features

Truck rides quietly. Transmission shifts almost imperceptibly. Visibility is great. Truck feels tight. No rattles, doors close quietly and the easy lift tailgate is incredible. Stock stereo is great.

Suggested Improvements

MPG? Better factory floor mats. Brighter head lights. In the process of replacing them both. For the most part perfect.

Rides like an Escalade
By John Leonard

I sold my 2007 Escalade and purchased a 2010 F150 Super Crew Lariat with Nav. F150 is very quiet , tons of room, and very good looking. For a large truck gas mileage is respectable. Better than the Cadillac. I looked at all the big truck makers. Ford wins. Plus they did not take any government money.

Favorite Features

handles well. quiet ride nice looking tons of storage

Suggested Improvements

has a rear camera . Put in a front camera.

top of the line
By cjk

This is a great truck. Inside and out, you cannot beat it. It is a nicer truck than anything else out there. I continually get thumbs up from people as I go down the road and always receive positive comments. Nice ride, great options and very comfortable. More power than my 2004 Lariat.

Favorite Features

SYNC, navigation, interior lighting, quiet and comfortable

Suggested Improvements

none