2010 Ford F-150 XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

Problems with less than 6000 miles
By Richard

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this truck the first 4000 miles. Now i'm starting to have problems. Electrical part had to be replaced which controls trac control. Now the truck has miss in engine when first starting been to shop 3 times no one seems to know what problem is going back for 4th time. They say maybe fuel injector. I'm a ford man since 96 but maybe not for long if they don't get fixed!

Favorite Features

Ride is great gas mileage around 20 which is great. Drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs some wheel whale covers. Needs cup holders in fold down console.

Vibrates and is on 2nd tranny
By clarence

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was stuck between ford and dodge. I didn't want to spend much, being i use my trucks on my farm. Poynter ford gave me a cheaper price on the f150 then the ram so i took the ford. I now wish i drove off in the ram because this truck is nothing but trouble. I am going to buy a ram in the next two months.

Favorite Features

seats are nice thats pretty much it.

Suggested Improvements

improved tranny and fix the vibrations really a low quality truck . my 98 ram 2500 w/283,000 miles is more dependable.

Great truck
By DavidL

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma supercrew due to transmission slipping in low gear and difficulty towing a 28 ft trailer. The Ford F-150 was my first choice but the Cash for Clunkers program removed most F-150s from lots when I was needing a truck, so I settled for the Tacoma but was never happy. The F-150 pulls the trailer with ease, has a built-in brake controller and a heavy-duty tow package. The amount of rear seat room for my kids is gigantic compared to the Tacoma. The truck is so quiet it is unreal! I average 20 mpg and usually maintain highway speeds of 65 mph. I installed Weather-Tech floor liners and a bed-liner. The SYNC system is a wonderful feature.

Favorite Features

Rear seat room,SYNC system, Sirius radio, towing package. The silver metallic is beautiful and does not show dirt/grime!

Suggested Improvements

Make the front seats a bit more comfortable.

A Toyota Tacoma Convert - No Question!
By rpinks

2010 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Okay, folks - 15 months ago, I wrote a great review about my 09 Tacoma Double Cab. I'm now "retracting" it. I should have gone with my first instinct and purchased the F-150. Night and Day. The F-150s seats are 100% more comfortable and the ride quality is that of a car. I issued a "9" on fuel mileage, as I don't have the numbers yet, but hey-this is a truck after all. And I'm of the belief if you don't stomp on the accelerator, you'll be fine! Have the XLT chrome pkg, driver's pkg, towing and SYNC which I'll never again do without. Also got the tailgate step; great for my 5'9" stature, and my grandkids to pile in. Ford should pay me for this; but I'm happy to help y'all decide

Favorite Features

comfy seats; console has lots of storage (even a cup holder/storage tray that slide in and out of the middle seat); the room in the Supercab is nearly that of my Tacoma's Double Cab. I don't regret for a second not getting the Crew Cab.

Suggested Improvements

I do miss the backup camera I had on the Tacoma. I would have wanted this standard on all XLTs. And, as the cab is fairly high, a driver's assist handle is recommended (passenger's side does have one). Oh - and my wife to wash it for the first year. Doubt that will happen, though.

3rd Ford Truck
By Paydirt

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford F150, and it's the best. I love the QUIET ride, its superb reliability, & its solid stance. In all three trucks, I never had a rattle or a squeak, nor a misfire in the engine. What's the big deal about the power? It has 320 hp, and it will damned well get up & go - faster than the other two I owned. I had owned 2 Z28 Camaros in the 90's, and I'm used to power. In 6 mos. I've never floored the accelerator; however, I did push it half-way down to pass a couple of cars on a long, steep hill. It roared & "slung" me up and around those cars without a sweat. I also love the "throaty" exhaust tone the engineers have given it. This truck is quality & class, through & through.

Favorite Features

Too many to just settle on one; however, my favorite is the QUIET, CIVILIZED RIDE. Next, would be...it's just a good looking truck. It looks tough, but refined.

Suggested Improvements

This is my ONLY complaint: Do something with the door arm rest. It doesn't come up to meet with elbow. My favorite driving position is with left arm on rest with left hand on wheel.

Very nice
By Jack

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2008 MKZ with this, which I bought after having a Yukon XL Denali for 3 years. This actually rides better than the MKZ and is QUIETER. It's really hard for me to use this as a "truck" though - it LOOKS SO GOOD. :-)

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort and LOOKS.

Suggested Improvements

Remote starter, side step option (on the 5.5' box) and wheel well covers - dirt getting into the engine compartment is a problem when driving over dirty or muddy roads.

Nice but Vibrates?
By Michael

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a Platinum Ford F-150 and like the quality for the money, but am already annoyed after 150 miles with the constant vibration I feel when I drive it. I googled the problem and found that I am not by any means alone. There seems to be a big problem with either the drive shaft, tires, or alignment. I am hopeful I will get this fixed but what I read on message boards doesn't have me very excited. If this was fixed, I would be very pleased with the overall experience after just a week of driving the truck.

Favorite Features

Interior feels like a high quality SUV but I have the practicality of a Truck. Good value for the money.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could have more quickness, but I understand the new 2011 will solve that with a V6 Turbo boost. That however makes me a bit nervous as a truck engine. So I bought the V8 with less power but likely (my guess) better reliability.

Another Great Truck
By DeJer

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Explorer's and a couple F-150's and this is the best yet. Great leg room, great styling. I got the 3 valve 4.6L and it pulls my 32' Travel Trailer (7700 lbs) no problem. Gas mileage has been averaging 19.4 with my first 10k miles. I agree with others: bed liner should be standard and a driver grab handle would be nice. Overall I would not change much. Not impressed with Southwest Ford in Weatherford,Tx., go somewhere else. I got the XLT, should have looked at Lariat, but overall a great truck with good looks and excellent mileage for a pick up. You can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, interior comfort and interior room. Sync is very cool with lots of features and at no extra charge for 3 years? Catch up Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Bed Liner; Driver Grab Bar

A great truck
By giltex

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Having driven Chevy's for 30 years, this lariat is top notch. I closely compared the ltz with the lariat and Ford's engineering and styling sold me. The interior is nothing but elegant, and the Pueblo gold trim on a White truck really looks classy. There are some features the Chevrolet had that I miss, but the overall package just can't be beat.

Favorite Features

Fantastic interior, love the stick on the console, leather bucket seats, AC to the seats, easy lift tailgate. Rear TV camera Flat floor in rear and passenger leg room.

Suggested Improvements

No tire pressure on the information center. Placement of the ignition key is hard to see. Have to bend way over to insert key. Needs telescoping steering wheel.

Yes, it will draw attention, big time
By corycat99

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the svt raptor, black on black, 6.2 L engine and the 5 month wait was worth every second. There has is not been a day go by that someone hasn't stopped me to say nice truck. It is such a joy to drive this truck , comfort and performance are top shelf. The only thing that falls off the mark is the 700w sound system by Sony. The highs waver like underwater and the bass sounds as if it trapped in a plastic bucket. I have had it back to the dealer twice with them saying that is how it is. If Ford would have gone with Bose sound this truck would have been perfect.

Favorite Features

Nice looker, strong rumble as the 6.2L raptor starts and rolls through the streets, loads of storage spaces, nice truck!

Suggested Improvements

The Sony sound system needs to go. Ok if all you listen to is talk radio it will do. Badging for the 6.2 Lwould be nice.