2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Vibrates and is on 2nd tranny
By clarence on 07/22/10 20:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was stuck between ford and dodge. I didn't want to spend much, being i use my trucks on my farm. Poynter ford gave me a cheaper price on the f150 then the ram so i took the ford. I now wish i drove off in the ram because this truck is nothing but trouble. I am going to buy a ram in the next two months.

Great truck
By DavidL on 07/22/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma supercrew due to transmission slipping in low gear and difficulty towing a 28 ft trailer. The Ford F-150 was my first choice but the Cash for Clunkers program removed most F-150s from lots when I was needing a truck, so I settled for the Tacoma but was never happy. The F-150 pulls the trailer with ease, has a built-in brake controller and a heavy-duty tow package. The amount of rear seat room for my kids is gigantic compared to the Tacoma. The truck is so quiet it is unreal! I average 20 mpg and usually maintain highway speeds of 65 mph. I installed Weather-Tech floor liners and a bed-liner. The SYNC system is a wonderful feature.

A Toyota Tacoma Convert - No Question!
By rpinks on 07/20/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Okay, folks - 15 months ago, I wrote a great review about my 09 Tacoma Double Cab. I'm now "retracting" it. I should have gone with my first instinct and purchased the F-150. Night and Day. The F-150s seats are 100% more comfortable and the ride quality is that of a car. I issued a "9" on fuel mileage, as I don't have the numbers yet, but hey-this is a truck after all. And I'm of the belief if you don't stomp on the accelerator, you'll be fine! Have the XLT chrome pkg, driver's pkg, towing and SYNC which I'll never again do without. Also got the tailgate step; great for my 5'9" stature, and my grandkids to pile in. Ford should pay me for this; but I'm happy to help y'all decide

3rd Ford Truck
By Paydirt on 07/18/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford F150, and it's the best. I love the QUIET ride, its superb reliability, & its solid stance. In all three trucks, I never had a rattle or a squeak, nor a misfire in the engine. What's the big deal about the power? It has 320 hp, and it will damned well get up & go - faster than the other two I owned. I had owned 2 Z28 Camaros in the 90's, and I'm used to power. In 6 mos. I've never floored the accelerator; however, I did push it half-way down to pass a couple of cars on a long, steep hill. It roared & "slung" me up and around those cars without a sweat. I also love the "throaty" exhaust tone the engineers have given it. This truck is quality & class, through & through.

Very nice
By Jack on 07/13/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2008 MKZ with this, which I bought after having a Yukon XL Denali for 3 years. This actually rides better than the MKZ and is QUIETER. It's really hard for me to use this as a "truck" though - it LOOKS SO GOOD. :-)

Nice but Vibrates?
By Michael on 07/08/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a Platinum Ford F-150 and like the quality for the money, but am already annoyed after 150 miles with the constant vibration I feel when I drive it. I googled the problem and found that I am not by any means alone. There seems to be a big problem with either the drive shaft, tires, or alignment. I am hopeful I will get this fixed but what I read on message boards doesn't have me very excited. If this was fixed, I would be very pleased with the overall experience after just a week of driving the truck.

Another Great Truck
By DeJer on 07/02/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Explorer's and a couple F-150's and this is the best yet. Great leg room, great styling. I got the 3 valve 4.6L and it pulls my 32' Travel Trailer (7700 lbs) no problem. Gas mileage has been averaging 19.4 with my first 10k miles. I agree with others: bed liner should be standard and a driver grab handle would be nice. Overall I would not change much. Not impressed with Southwest Ford in Weatherford,Tx., go somewhere else. I got the XLT, should have looked at Lariat, but overall a great truck with good looks and excellent mileage for a pick up. You can't go wrong.

A great truck
By giltex on 06/28/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Having driven Chevy's for 30 years, this lariat is top notch. I closely compared the ltz with the lariat and Ford's engineering and styling sold me. The interior is nothing but elegant, and the Pueblo gold trim on a White truck really looks classy. There are some features the Chevrolet had that I miss, but the overall package just can't be beat.

Yes, it will draw attention, big time
By corycat99 on 06/28/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the svt raptor, black on black, 6.2 L engine and the 5 month wait was worth every second. There has is not been a day go by that someone hasn't stopped me to say nice truck. It is such a joy to drive this truck , comfort and performance are top shelf. The only thing that falls off the mark is the 700w sound system by Sony. The highs waver like underwater and the bass sounds as if it trapped in a plastic bucket. I have had it back to the dealer twice with them saying that is how it is. If Ford would have gone with Bose sound this truck would have been perfect.

Excellent Truck
By mike on 06/28/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked around and did a lot of research looking at Chevy, Dodge, Toyota and Ford. I needed a truck that my wife would love to ride in and that would get the job done. We needed a half ton truck to pull a travel trailer and for everyday use. We didn't want or need a 3/4 or one ton truck. I wanted the max towing that any half ton could offer and Ford won hands down. Got the max tow package with the 3.73 rear end, trailer brake, etc. It will tow 11,200 as a half ton. Incredible.. It's fun to drive, does the job and the interior rivals my wife's Lexus RX-350.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$130 per month*