2010 FX4 SuperCrew
By John F on
2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
I traded in my '08 Acura TL Type-S for this truck. I miss my TL I don't regret buying this truck. I just bought a house and trips to home depot in the acura wasn't cutting it. I use to own an '04 FX4 and this new one is a huge improvement. The rear cab is bigger then the last model, seats are more comfortable, side airbags...just a list of new features. Go to Fords website and watch the videos on "truth about trucks", you'll see why & they show build quality from Toyota, Dodge and Chevy. I like the fact Ford didn't take any bailout money. Even with the 6spd trans vs. the old 4spd I don't see a real improvement in gas mileage. I avg 12/13 mpg w/20" aftermarket tires & 2" level kit.
Favorite Features
I love the navigation system, rear view camera/sensors--a must have with a large truck like this! Flex fuel and no need for a fuel cap. Heated seats-- wish it was cooled too. Power sliding rear window and power pedals, for my short wife. Lots of room inside and plenty of storage space, & auto lights.
Suggested Improvements
Sony sound system is ok but not worth paying extra for it. I miss the audiophile system-bring back! Sony, when pushed sounds punchy and floaty when the bass hits hard. I plan on taking out the factory sub and put in aftermarket. Gas mileage improvement would be nice but its a big truck & I know it.