What a difference 10 years makes!
By J Tant on
2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I used to own a 1997 Expy EB which I drove until it died. After driving a 4 door sedan my family started growing which meant I needed a larger vehicle. I found a nice 06 Expy Ltd which I recently purchased. It's a good SUV! I appreciate the independent rear suspension which allows the third row seat to fold flat, something my 97 was missing. The overall driving experience is much enhanced as well. There's plenty of room inside for everything and everyone I haul around, towing capacity is perfect for what I need, and the Expy actually does pretty well with off-road beach driving. Overall, this is much improved over the 97 Expy I used to have. I'm very impressed.
Favorite Features
I like the folding 3rd row (with power!). The number of ways I can fold the 2nd and 3rd row seats is also appreciated. I also like the navigation system and the DVD player for the kids. There's also the "go-anywhere" aspect of the truck. I like being able to drive in a snowstorm.
Suggested Improvements
This has since been addressed, but the 06 Expy requires a number of CD-ROMs for the navigation system.