2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Could be better
By Outlook on 09/18/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Expedition and with this one I would have to say that Ford is trying to cut some corners on their bottom line. The interior feels like they put in more "hard plastic" materials. I have had a lot of cosmetic issues with the exterior. The climate control seats used to be built into the seats; now it is a blower that goes under the seats that you can hear when on. The entertainment screen could be in the back of the seats because it blocks your view while driving. Too much cheap plastic inside this model.

Best SUV for the money!
By Frank Leeper on 09/15/05 07:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We live in Doha, Qatar and needed a large SUV for the wife to drive our two kids and a dog around town and the occasional trip to the desert (and feel safe in verses the very aggressive driving styles encountered here!). After looking at a number of domestic US (Suburban, Durango) and non-US (Nissan, Toyota) SUVs, the Expedition by far offered the greatest value for the money. We love the strong A/C system and room and could not believe you can buy this much SUV for so little money.

Buy one or lose out.
By Dee Dee Callahan on 09/07/05 00:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After buying the Expedition I will not own another type of vehicle. It's great for everything we do; camping, sports, hauling (trailers & quads), traveling. I can not say enough.

great purchase!
By jbs on 08/23/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing missing with this car is the extra room in the very back. It is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Every seat is comfortable. I do hope they come out with an extended length and improve the gas mileage on all SUV's. With four children we need the space!

Happy Owner
By mike on 08/16/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 Eddie Bauer to replace a 1998 XLT. What great changes during the last 7 years. I love the the interior and exterior designs and the ride is wonderful.

Great vehicle
By Judissi on 08/01/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Expedition and I love it. Bought the Eddie Bauer over the Tahoe and Yukon mainly because of the reliability of my 1st one and the power 3rd row seat. I wanted that seat but would have to lift in and out too much. The power fold is the best option Ford has come up with! Great ride, great visibility, great looking vehicle.

a good big car
By Barry on 07/19/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We own two Expeditions, a '99 and an '05 and there are big differences. We like the handing as far as turning radius on the '99 but like the highway feel on the '05.

GREAT SUV
By LORI on 07/17/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We owned an Explorer before this Expedition. With three little kids we needed something bigger. The handling is great for a big vehicle, and a smooth ride. Enough room for three car seats across the second row of seats, and room for three adults in the third row. Very safe vehicle and performed great in safety crash tests. Enough cargo room when third seat is folded down to handle suitcases, strollers, coolers, and extra groceries. I really, really like this big SUV.

2005 Expedition
By R. Ross on 07/07/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

If you can live with the inevitable lousy fuel economy, this is a full size SUV I'd highly recommend. All the bells & whistles and it drives itself. Consider the captain's seats in the second row and navigation system (which was surprisingly hard to find on most at dealership models). We are pleased we ordered both.

EDDIE BAUER
By BARRY on 06/22/05 00:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Significant improvements compared to my 1999 Eddie Bauer. Poor gas mileage; 12 around town and 15 on freeway. Interior comfort better. Drawback is the tires. Mushy ride and sway compared to Michelins. Black dash board, in front of driver, radiates a lot of heat on hot days. Overall a lot of fun to drive and air conditioner is fantastic.