Used 2012 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Very disappointed
By joneskmaz

2012 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for nearly 2 years and continue to be disappointed. The battery died after 1 year, brake booster went out, Vista roof rubber rails fell off driving down the freeway, then the motor wouldn't close it. Air conditioning went out May 2013 and now again this May 2014, has been recalled for the fuel line. I've had a mysterious grinding noise starting the car and it won't start then you can start it, they don't know what's wrong. The SYNC doesn't work correctly and does strange things, I spend hours at the dealer and most times they can't or won't give me a rental. I am at the point of never wanting to own another Ford and want to trade this in for something reliable.

The ECO Boost Power

Fix the quality of the vehicle, have the dealers offer rentals for all work related to warranty issues.

Business Driver after 150,000 miles
By tn_driver

2012 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a 2012 Edge SEL as my work vehicle approx. 5000-6000 miles per month--currently has 148,000 total. Proven an excellent car. Had GMC Acadia prior to this, and though unfortunately not as large cargo capacity, the Edge has been far superior to that SUV. MPG has averaged 24.5 for entire life. No mechanical issues at all except headlamp bulb and turn signal switch. Very comfortable driving position and seating at long distance--and I should know. Only real issue has been SYNC system as relates to Bluetooth to Iphone. This performance has improved with Ford updates, but still sometimes phone to system link is faulty. Overall an excellent car--replacing with another Edge this year

MPG relative to car size/capacity, seating, steering wheel controls, rearview camera

Improve the SYNC technology

Edge was the right choice
By stokepotters

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have appr. 6,000 miles on 2012 Edge Limited with 2.0 ecoboost and can say with confidence, this was a good buy. This vehicle offers all of the features I was looking for, with little compromise. It is a great commuter vehicle, getting 27-29 mpg, mostly highway. The 2.0 l turbo offers performance and power when needed. Technology - MyFordTouch latest version works very well and is very capable. Roominess - plenty of room for 5 adults. Camping with the family proved very doable - with use of hitch mounted carrier. Towing - pulls my medium sized boat with no problem. Smooth, quiet ride that gets high compliments from Lexus, Audi, Cadillac owners.

Panoramic sun roof. 2.0 ecoboost. 20" wheels. Solid mpg. 390 watt 12 speaker system (w/subwoofer) in Limited.

Improved range of tilt steering wheel (lower and greater degree of tilt)

Edge
By dlance54

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2012 Edge is one of the nicest, most comfortable SUV's I have ever driven. When your going down the road and "floor it" it simply responds and takes off. The smoothness of the ride is indescribable. The test drive we took before purchase just did not do it justice. We have taken several trips in it now and you never get tired because the leather seats are so comfortable.

The MyFord Touch with the redundant controls on the steering wheel. I can change radio stations, climate and get directions by using the steering wheel controls and/ or voice commands.

After the update was done to the MyFord Touch it didn't look as "Techy". I liked that look, but maybe it was dumbed down for those not as into that type of thing.

Fantastic Edge
By mtschida

2012 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Ford Edge around Thanksgiving of 2011 and wrote a review in January. Wanted to update. I drove 1200 miles through Wyoming and then the mountains of Colorado recently. While AWD Edge is rated at 25 mpg, I consistently get better mileage than that. My first long trip right after purchase was a little better than 22 mpg. Most recent trip averaged 29.4 on one tank. With wind, it dropped to 27+. Driving it daily around town and home in the country, average is 24.5. My husband, who has a heavier foot, gets the same. My mileage is so great that I wondered if they stuck the wrong engine in it.

Gas mileage, MyFord Touch - Love the technology and have had no trouble with it. AWD in snow, spacious cabin, comfortable for family.

Show outside temp on MyFord Touch screen - does not show after update. Climate control is confusing for me.