Used 2011 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Car
By jbrtp

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from 2007 to 2009 mariner to save gas - no power - chose Edge after looking at Subaru, VW, BMW, Mazda CX7 - good deal on a great car.
We really like it.
Wanted Sync *worked great on Mercury* did not want MyTouch.
So we got an SE and got neither lol.

The entire car. Great car.

18 inch wheels should be standard plus - do the math - it improves the fuel economy. As with all Ford products - dim bulb headlights. Power passenger seat and dual climate control would be good options for low end. Also Ford, add a subwoofer for the low end stereo. Seats are ery comfortable but agree with other reviewers that headrests canted a little too far forward. That's it.

Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and
moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!

Simple, roomy, stylish interior. European style exterior. Big doors w/easy access. Driving position and visibility(rear view a little tight-get the 100A? convenience package w/back-up warning!) Steering response, solid handling and ride that rivals imports. GAS MILEAGE! turning circle tight and easy to parallel park. V6 is powerful,responsive, first time on hwy ramp I was at 85 w/o realizing! smooth quiet and tight on hwy. Radio/Sound system is great. All controls (SE w/o TOUCH) are logical, simple, all switches buttons, etc feel well-made and durable. Well proportioned interior and"wet suit-like" seats are are easy to clean, seem kid, pet and"beach proof" (we carry surf/scuba gear). NICE.

Larger front seats, Driver seat could use more rear travel (I am 6ft) Add GPS option in SE model. We wanted low price, and simple model, the TOUCH system in SEL seems too distracting, too intricate to use while driving, but GPS would be nice. Hancook chinese tires on a FORD? I think SEL or Sport gets Michelin/Pirellis, but come on, at least use Goodrich Ford! Another $100? Middle rear seat head rest blocks rear view!! (it folds down to a center arm rest/tray. SE radio should have bluetooth, mp3 iphone connect.

Very happy with New Edge
By jbrtp

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 07 Suburban for 09 Mariner.
Mercury too small and slow - got a good deal and traded for 2011 Edge.
No leather - no sync - no Ford touch - result - good car.

Looked at Chevy Equinox, Honda CRV- Acura - Toyota Rav 4 and Highlander - Mazda CX7.

Ford seemed better made and more solid.
Mazda, even though same underpinings, seemed cheaper and required premium gas.

Hit gas in Edge and car goes.
Brakes are good and steering feedback are just fine considering it's a CX.

Wish it had blue tooth as an option.
Hard to see right front end at times.
Agree about headrests, but we are used to them now with a little bit of recline in the seat.
Biggers wheels improve mileage by 1-3 MP

Feels solid. Good acceleration. Good brakes. Comfortable on longer trips Love reclining rear seats and 1 handed fold down for rear seats Kids love rear air vents

Rear cargo cover - lol - don't bother. Needs simple Bluetooth 18 inch wheels should be available as standalone option Don't like headrests

Nice Ride
By spideygirl301

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about 2 months now and just hit 3k miles.
I upgraded from a 2008 Equinox that was always in the shop.
I love the 2011 Edge and so far would recommend it. Earlier this week, I was involved in a road rage incident where I was literally being chased by a truck on a major highway.
I honestly think the only thing that saved me from a very bad encounter was the handling of the vehicle which allowed me to manuver in and out of traffic quickly and easily (even at speeds close to 100 miles an hour)

I love the interior comfort of the Edge. With recent winter storms and lots of wind, I have been highly impressed with how quiet the interior cabin is on the highway and how solid the ride feels. I have also been highly impressed with the handling of the vehicle. The engine is very responsive. I also like the rear vehicle sensor since I park in a parking garage with very tight parking. I do have the cloth seats (which normally I hate), but the quality of the cloth is nice and they are easily cleaned (nice with kids and dogs).

The headrest is very uncomfortable. Also, I have had minor issues with the volume on the stereo not responding at all when using the steering wheel controls, or adjusting too much. I also encountered this problem yesterday when I adjusted the volume of the stereo on the unit itself (and not the steering wheel). I also don't like the way the vehicle is calculating miles to an empty tank. I get told that I'm low on fuel when the car says I've only used 10 or 11 gallons of fuel and it will say that I'm almost completely empty after using 13 gallons. If the tank holds 18 gallons and I'm getting 23 mpg, then obviously there is something wrong with the calculations.

1st month ownership
By pearl semick

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After one month and 800 miles the car handles and drives very good. I traded in a 1999 windstar van and it was a great van If Ford still made a van I would have bought one . My husband was a tech for 35 years for our selling dealer. No way would we have a Honda in the drive or much less a Chrysler product. I love to drive it because I am short and the drivers seat goes fore and aft and up and down . Overall this is a great car

The driver seat control for fore and aft is way too low with the seat in the up position I cant reach far enough down. My husband will fix this he said by welding a small extension on the arm. Also I have felt this transmission bump, or is it a drivability issue