2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Good, but....
By 123max on 06/10/12 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama. It´s very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine. Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Woefully inflated ratings
By rbrice1981 on 05/27/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Edge has one of the worst Consumer Reports Ratings and I have first-hand experience as to why. If you buy a 2011 Ford Edge, you are gambling and may be one of the 14% of owners whose MyFord Touch program/system is so faulty that it works less frequently than it malfunctions. Ford was unable to fix my vehicle despite 8 attempts and a lawsuit. In the end, I sued Ford and was awarded a settlement. I am appalled at Ford's response to my real issues and because of this, my review for the Ford Edge is very negative. I married into a Ford family who have all now vowed never to buy a Ford of any type again.

NIce
By bigg5512 on 03/24/12 18:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used 2011 Edge Limited AWD, all the bells and whistles. Traded in 2008 expidition loved expi but needed better gas mileage. In the Edge I doubled my gas mileage and got a better looking and handling vehicle love the ford sync no problems so far. Owned for 5 weeks so far no problems.

Disappointed Owner -- Not 27 MPG!!
By mpg_shorted on 02/10/12 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife a loaded 2011 Edge Limited. Great car, comfortable ride, nice interior and I love the 'glass cockpit'. Initial motivation moving to a Ford Edge was great horsepower and the MPG. Knowing that efficiency in modern engine and tranny combos greatly increased, I took the bait. From the first road trip I was greatly disappointed--the 27 MPG claim was a joke. I should have known reading a similar review. Mistakenly thought my driving habits would make a difference. Been driving with a soft foot since the 70s gas shortages--getting at least 1-3 better than any EPA ratings. Until the Edge. Highway driving at best gets me only 22-23. Don't be fooled!

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai on 01/30/12 08:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

edge sucks
By dk13 on 01/09/12 18:54 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we looked at a lot of suvs because of the bailouts we elimated gm and chrysler torn between the edge and santafee decided to stay american big mistake ford spent all ther money on gadgets and forgot to make the car quiet we were told it was close to the other one for mialage after 1400 miles lucky to get 22mpg went for the limited hoping for better ride and less noise that was a wast of 7k my 2001 yukon rides better and a lot quiter it has 171k on it and gets 18mpg my wife drives the ford if we travel i will take the yukon very upset with ford they dont even have a comment page on there website chickens;;;;;;;; the edge is nice looking junk dont waste your money buy hundai lots cheaper

Car is good/My touch -Sync stink
By ejv7 on 01/07/12 05:43 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My touch has been nothing but problems. Touch screen is not reliable. Voice recognition - well that is so frustrating it's funny. Had and Acura and GMC with voice recognition and it was very usable. This is a joke. The navigation is right behind this as the worst I ever had. The system maintenance runs almost once a day and it doesn't seem to fix anything. Now my screen went blank and I have to bring it to Ford to get re-programmed ~ 2 to 3 hours. And they won't give me a car, says Ford does not see this as a warranty issue. Huh??? Other than that the car does drive nice, is quite and has been very reliable. Gas milage is not what is advertised. I get ~ 16.7 combined. OUCH!!

Ford Edge Sport Review
By mikeyv823 on 01/06/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I could not stop thinking about the Ford Edge Sport model once I saw the new 2011 come out. The black front grille, the body colored moldings & spectacular 22" wheels. I've owned mine for 3 months and haven't seen another one on the road! That's how rare they are and how much you'll stand out. I couldn't afford a new one so I purchased a 2011 demo in Nov '11 for 8k off sticker! Mine is red. Interior is beautiful as well. System is super super slow though. It's an amazing technology but just not there yet. It's slow to respond and sometimes frustrating but it's what's next. If you have an iphone this screen will bug you because it's not as user friendly or responsive. Still love it!!

sync or sink?
By returnit on 01/02/12 05:09 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am considering the 'lemon law' on this one! Owned Chryslers and decided to switch based on technology and fuel efficiency. Paid more than I paid for my first home and I am totally dissatisfied. The 'sync' system rarely works, it resets itself during dangerous drive times without notification. Ford says they are coming out with an update in early 2012. Since it only gets 22 mile/gallon, and the technology stinks, why do I believe them? $5,000.00 technology pkg. that Ford admittedly says won't work properly. [violative content deleted]

Happy - still learning
By airdalechief on 12/30/11 08:44 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy 1wk ago. Not expert, but fairly tech savvy. Fun learning MyTouch etc. Love it. Works like a charm. After 3 years driving Rav4 (V6) it's a pleasure to feel solid vehicle under me again. Two complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. See Fav Features

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge in VA is:

$137 per month*