2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach on 09/24/13 14:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan on 08/09/12 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use. Very happy on both long trips and short. Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive. I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns. Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used. Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays. Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped. Now pretty intuitive.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden on 06/23/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof. Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between. A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off. A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

Good, but....
By 123max on 06/10/12 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama. Itīs very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine. Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai on 01/30/12 08:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

Happy - still learning
By airdalechief on 12/30/11 08:44 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy 1wk ago. Not expert, but fairly tech savvy. Fun learning MyTouch etc. Love it. Works like a charm. After 3 years driving Rav4 (V6) it's a pleasure to feel solid vehicle under me again. Two complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. See Fav Features

2011 Edge SEL gas mileage
By oscar001 on 12/18/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase the edge new in April 2011. With only 1300 miles on the car we took our annual trip from Florida to Seattle WA. on the trip of 4218 miles we averaged 24.98 mpg. On our return trip of 4065 miles we average 26.87 mpg, which is exceptional in my opinion. This was the reason the Edge was purchased. The car is quite and very smooth to drive, the six speed is great when going down grades it automatically downshifts to maintain cruise speed. I drive at interstate speeds but do not use jackrabbit starts, is probably the key to the good mileage I get. The car now has 14000 +miles and the more I drive, the better I like the for Edge.

Recovering Toyota Addict
By leslie419 on 12/11/11 12:22 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my 2002 Toyota Highlander in October and planned to go back and get a newer model. Am I glad that I made a side trip to Ford! My Edge ROCKS! I was so surprised at the upgrades in power, technology, safety features, and quality of interior and exterior trim that I kept asking my sales rep if this was really a Ford! I could not believe that Ford had done such a drastic turnaround but from the looks I get driving around town and the increasing numbers of Edge's I have seen on the road, I believe Ford is serious about getting back into the mid-size SUV/crossover market in a competitive way. If you keep up the value for quality, you have won over a devoted Toyota owner.

2011 Ford Edge is bouncy
By bouncyrde on 11/18/11 18:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Edge since Sept. When I test drove it the ride seemed good. Now that I bought it and driving it around town, the ride is very bouncy - disappointed in Ford. Maybe they need to change the suspension to be a little bit more firm. The Edge bounces too much on uneven pavement. Used to driving cars with a firmer ride. This is my first Crossover/SUV vehicle and think I made a mistake. So far no problems with the MyFordTouch but it is a little distracting and Ford supposedly has an upgrade for the software. I don't have any problems with the headrests hitting the back of my head. Very quiet ride. Overall nice SUV.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie on 11/06/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*