Used 2010 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Love My Sport
By kv2

2010 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the Ford Edge Sport AWD. So far, this is a great SUV! The exterior styling of the vehicle gets high marks. The interior is not quite up to par with the outside, but delivers with easy to use controls, great nav system, premium sound, and ambient lighting. The inside is also roomy enough for the child seats of our 2 year old and our infant. The vehicle also has plenty of power, and offers a quiet and comfortable ride. This a great choice for a family guy who needs something much more practical than a sports car.

Great Edge
By Carylon

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I found this to be a Marvelous car I had a Kia Sportage and the switch was significant for comfort and reliability. The interior was a little disappointing when compared to other options ( Generic) but over all the Sync hands free is addicting Overall a GREAT BUY

Favorite Features

Sync Sirius Sat Interior size with leg room

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade Carpet and Change feel of Cheap plastic interior Overall looks good

I love this car!
By tikigal

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Ford, love it! Nightime- ambiance light up, mine is purple, even the floor and console box! There are other choices of colors too. The ride beats my Lexus rx300. It's soft, luxury all the way. Easy to read dials, and nav system really easy compared to my garmin. Love the handsfree approach to nav, phone, radio. Gets better gas mileage than they say, and runs on regular. My Lexus ran on premium and so did my Acura. I can read info, last 2 cars, had to put on my glasses to see what it said. Like the back up beeps, love the wheels, and my golf clubs fit in this car. The sunroof is so big, it's like a convertible, and convert to moonroof just like that! Love the space. Great Ford!

Favorite Features

ambiance controlled lighting, smooth soft drive, excellent sound system

Suggested Improvements

Plastic on insides of trunk space protrude just a bit. Golf clubs fit, but could fit better, with less plastic indentation on the side (laterally).

Like the car, hate the fuel economy
By Steve

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford purchase after having owned a 2002 Ford Escape for 8 years and, overall, I have been pleased with my purchase. As part of my car searching process, I looked at the Nissan Murano, Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty, and Acura RDX (to name a few). Before test driving the Edge, I had actually been prepared to purchase the Acura but the Edge's larger size, overall look/feel, and 6 cylinder engine won me over. Though others have commented on how the ride (seats?) is not comfortable, I have had the exact opposite experience. The ride is fairly smooth and the seats are particularly comfortable. In addition, there is plenty of room for passengers who are taller than five feet!

Favorite Features

Sync, Sirius Radio, and Navigation! Hands free changing of radio stations, phone calls, and turn-by-turn navigation are very helpful while driving. I also really like the exterior styling with the optional 20" wheels (a must for both ride and look!)

Suggested Improvements

Sync! Yes, I know I listed both as a favorite and as something that needs to be improved, but it has one very annoying problem - there is currently no way to turn off the auto play feature between Sync and my Iphone, which means that every time I get in the car, I have to turn off my phones Ipod.

Hopeful
By hopeful

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hoped that Ford had surpassed its competitors in this market. Not so with the edge. Comfortable ride plenty of room. Interior somewhat cheap plastic feel as a cost cutting measure. Braking is a big weakness. Brakes are somewhat spongy and stopping distance too long. Don't feel confident that I can stop quickly in an emergency situation.

Favorite Features

roominess quiet smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

greatly improve the braking system, improve the interior-no more cheap plastic imitations,improve the gas mileage overall reduce the weight of the vehicle its too heavy