2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Best move yet
By Big guy & the Diva on 01/28/10 19:17 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Comfort is great. Firm seats. Lots of elbow room. Smoot, quiet, plenty of power. If you are looking at the SEL with leather option spend a few hundred more and get the Limited. Stero system is much better, power fold down rear seats, chrome belt window plate. I looked at the SEL after the limited and am glad I went with the Limited. I drive 43 miles to work and am getting 25.2 mpg. 5 of those miles are city. Some rush hour traffic.

FORD - fix or repair daily!
By Burlington on 01/27/10 11:19 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned! I have a leaking PTU that the dealership cannot fix and the car is spewing smoke daily! The dealership suggested I park it until the part comes in (maybe by MArch 31!) Except that this has been a problem for Ford for over 3 years ans now there is a class action law suit in the US. Not sure if and when this will ever get fixed. Trust me save your money and stay away from FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 FORD EDGE
By ANN RAGAN on 01/19/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was very nervous about going from a Lincoln Navigator that I loved to a smaller Ford Edge Limited but wanted better fuel economy with a new vehicle. Just bought but initial impression is I have more options (than on my 2003 Navigator)and much better fuel economy for half the price of a new Navigator. The only thing I gave up was a little space that I rarely needed. The ride and comfort is far superior to any other vehicle I test drove from Ford's competitors (except MKX). If this vehicle continues to perform as well as it does now...Ford should be proud!

NEW EDGE EVEN BETTER!!!
By FASTANG on 01/11/10 10:18 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2008 edge 2 years ago. But after seeing all the incentives decided to order a 2010 edge sport. with zero% financing and the new sport blue and two tone interior. So we pulled the trigger and upgraded. Glad we did every thing is improved. Even being a sport with 20" w/t combo it still is quieter and smoother. Mileage has improved. Way to go Ford.

nice change from .G.M
By larson22 on 01/06/10 05:37 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at all the crossovers,I had an Envoy, OK , but not really,I checked on the EXUINOX, the dealers I dealt with didn't seem interested in selling . I tried to look at a Terrain. could not find one (in real time) I have always been a G M person. But the attitude that had left me wondering if the service would be the same way,,, The ford dealer ,welcomed me ,curiously and seemed to be interested in what I was looking for,I drove the EDGE ,,and that was it for me ,,,I had a winner.

Outstanding Choice
By Huron on 12/30/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Without a doubt, this is the best vehicle of about 75 that we have owned or leased over the years -- including our other vehicle which is a Honda. The Edge has a great ride, a very smooth and responsive engine, a nice and easy-to-use interior layout and controls, comfortable seats (and that is from someone who has had major back problems for many years), very quiet, and all the luxury items that you would expect from a much more expensive vehicle. It is just the right size for driving around town, parking is a breeze, and it has very adequate luggage space for trips plus excellent space when the rear seat is folded down. From our perspective, we couldn't be happier with this vehicle.

Big Mistake
By Chuck B. on 12/06/09 18:55 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a number of different vehicles before making this purchase. I was impressed with the ride and liked the slightly larger, 3.5l motor that this car had. Unfortunately, the 3 versions of the car that I tested all had navigation, which I did not get. Here's the first problem. As someone has already pointed out the radio display is really awful. In addition, much of the information in the driver's information center that's available in other cars is not available on the Ford. You also have little choice with exit/entry lighting, etc. The car was delivered with a vibration making quality suspect. I kept the car for 10 days, then sold it at a big loss because I knew I'd never be satisfied

The Edge
By David on 11/29/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading many of the reviews from other consumers and then becoming a Ford Edge owner I will disagree with several previous comments. The brakes perform fine plus the cruise control is very, very simple and intuitive. The dash display and sound system controls are simple and easy to use. On new topics from a personal viewpoint, we are impressed with the vehicle and recommend it highly. As a previous owner of two Lexus cars we found the ride to be Lexus like and very quiet inside. The driver has a sense of control with responsive handling. The fit and finish is excellent providing a sense of very high quality. We love the Edge so far and remain optimistic about our purchase.

2nd time is better
By BC on 11/10/09 08:10 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Edge due to not seeing a better fit for me from a price/quality/ride/space perspective. My first Edge was quiet, responsive and reliable. The exterior design was fresh and the interior was pretty nice if you overlook a few cost cutting shortcuts on trim. The broad, stable road stance and powerful engine are all still intact. Changes are subtle but important. Biggest of the changes is that the SYNC system is now available. Next the driver's window goes up automatically, better sound insulation in the cabin yields a quieter ride, and a lower handle on the rear lift gate improves leverage. All make this a better vehicle.

From to freestyle to FLEX
By bhsohio on 11/05/09 16:58 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having a 2005 ford freestyle limited AWD, and turning the fstyle in for the FLEX I am so far impressed with Ford's improvements. The only improvement would be in fuel mileage- I am avging 22.3mpg, as compared to the fstyle at 21.9 which was larger and AWD; though the performance of the 3.5L 6-Auto is far superior to the 3.0L and CVT. The comfort is phenomenal, better than Cadillac DTS seats. The style, design, ergonomics, and cargo capacity, along with the vista roof make for a very enjoyable and fun vehicle. Extremely practical, fun, and stylish & brisk performance. Edmunds recommended the rouge or venza, but those shld not be considered for obvious rsns. great CUV from a grt company

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Edge in VA is:

$126 per month*