2007 Ford Edge 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Overall Very Solid Vehicle

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By The Edge on

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the Edge. My wife has a Ford Expedition, but this is my first Ford. I've had many imports: Honda, Audi, Infiniti, Nissan, VW, Toyota, and so far this one is right up there with the best brands. Nice combo with powerful engine and smooth trans. Excellent safety features. Drives very nice on highway. Some blind spots (backup sensors option is must have). The only thing I do not like is the middle backseat is very tight, can not fit three adults in backseat (only fits two adults and a small child in middle).

Favorite Features

Ext. styling, versatility of CUV, engine, transmission, sat. radio, seating position, overall fit and finish is good.

Suggested Improvements

In 2007, the SE models w/Sat. radio, did not have steering wheel audio controls standard (in 2008 is is part of the convience package). Make backup sensors standard. Change the top of the dash -the rubber mat thing on top is kind of useless - give it a lid and make it a storage compartment.