2007 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Go drive it...

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Go drive it...
By Hogrod on

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a life-long Dodge guy, I was apprehensive about my wife's suggestion to check out the new Ford Edge, but I'm glad I did. After months of looking at others, we settled on a fully loaded Edge SEL+. The most striking feature is how it doesn't look like everything else out there. The interior fit and feel was great, and gauges and dials were nicely laid out. The only downside was that it was difficult to locate the exact vehicle we wanted. We were told by the dealership that the hold up was factory caused due to issues with the Vista roof. The Vista roof is highly innovative and well worth the extra money. V-6 engine feels well mated with the smooth 6 speed tranny. Nice vehicle!

The exterior styling....BAM! Pictures do not do it justice. In person, it is big and bold and grabs your attention. It came down to the Edge and the Hummer 3 - chose the Edge due to its ride and more modern appearance. The engine and transmission are smooth. Two thumbs up on the Vista roof.

Jury is still out on the clear taillights. Same goes for the windshield wiper nozzles smack in the middle of the hood. Green LED lighting for the message center and stereo are not modern.