2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By Greg on 10/01/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this Mailbu for 5 months and love it. People constantly come up and compliment the car. I have owned several GM cars and I cannot understand why some people don't like them. They have all been good cars with lots of miles on them. However this Malibu is the best yet. I get well over 30 MPG on the highway and 23-25 in the city. Remote start is great...

Very Happy
By bfair on 09/19/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was a Honda man for years. My company requires that we drive an American Auto for business. After looking at all my options and driving many different cars, the Malibu won. I am extremely happy with what the Malibu offers and look forward to the many miles we will travel together.

great car
By rkt on 09/17/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is an update. 26,000 miles and no problems. wonderful car. As good or better, than any import can be. Wife drives it 40 miles each way every day to work, and it is a great car. Could ask for none better.

Happy with the purchase
By Jason on 09/15/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this for about 4 months and am very happy. Smooth/quiet ride, good gas mileage, good price. I got this after leasing a 07 Cadi CTS. I think the ride is just as good. If you drive between 55-60, I seem to easily exceed the 33mpg on the car sticker for highway miles. No complaints about the car, and really glad i made the purchase (and really glad this is an AMERICAN Car)!!!!

Extremely impressed and satisfied
By NJperson on 08/26/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Malibu was the perfect choice for me. Quiet 4cyl., smooth ride,and love the electric steering (seems more precise to me). This car is heavier perhaps that explains why it feels more solid than it's competitors. I prefer the four speed Auto (two less gears to worry about)this car shifts smooth and lack of road noise is delightful. All new car buyer reviews are generally good I hope I still feel this positive about my choice after 30,000 miles but that would apply to any choice you would make.

2009 Malibu 1LT 4cyl 6speed
By Heather on 08/23/09 02:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car with trading in our Minivan cash for clunkers. The back seat fits our Britex carseat very well with plenty of leg room for our son. I like the controls easy to reach. The radio has 6 memories with 6 stations each which can be changed on the steering wheel. The remote start is great and easy to use with locking the keypad twice (turns on the alarm) & then pushing the remote start. The back seats fold down. We got a cargo net & mat package. The nets are great to keep items from rolling around. The driver seat has power seating.I was worried about the pick up and go and it does have this. Great rebates for 2009 models. For only owning it for less than 24hrs it is Great!

As good as advertised, if not, better.
By mjm on 08/21/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It is very quiet and comfortable. The interior is top-notch. The ambient lighting is just right. Gas mileage is good, I can get 34 highway, 24 city. The stereo sounds great, great channel separation. I keep hearing bad things about the trunk... the opening is smaller than most, but is large. I fit two adult bikes in the trunk, when I folded the seats down! I don't have to use a bike rack:) If you are thinking of a Camry, or Accord, take a look at this one, because it is indeed quieter than those. The build quality is excellent. The gaps in the body panels are minimal and consistent. The paint job is perfect, with not too much orange-peel, like I've seen on the camry and accord.

One Classy Family Hauler
By Bill on 08/18/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The model we bought is not as indicated since the drop down menu did not let me select the V6 LTZ. We bought this Malibu with all of the options available including even the extra cost Red Jewel Tint paint that has a nice subdued gold metal flake built into the paint color. This is one very classy and upscale looking car especially with the two tone (mocha w/cashmere)leather interior. The car has gotten many compliments especially once people have ridden in it. It is very quick for a family sedan and the V6 seems to always be loafing unless pushed.

I know why people DO love this car
By JeffH on 08/17/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything with this car has been a pleasant experience up to now. We love the interior of this car. The 2 tone look is very elegant looking. The ride is exceptionally quite. The car handles with ease. So far we are getting over 25mpg with mixed city and highway. We have not had any problems with the car up to now.

I'd Buy One Again in a Second!
By David T. on 08/15/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I replaced an old Jeep Cherokee with the Malibu because I needed something with more room and much better gas mileage. I don't regret it for a minute. It drives so much better than the Honda Accord and Hyundai Sonatas that I test drove. The interior is vault-like quiet, the 2.4 with the 6 speed transmission has plenty of power. The quality feel of the switch gear is first rate! I've been getting 22 mpg in town and between 31-35 on the highway depending on conditions and speed. So what's not to like? I love the looks of this car (LT1), but when I bought this, there was no aluminum wheel option. I understand there is now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.