Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Chevy bought me over with this car
By mvozz888

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all I would like to say that I find it disappointing to read negative reviews on such a marvelous car. Anyone experiencing major engine or trans. issues has probably not serviced their vehicle at regular reccomended intervals. The 2.2 liter ecotec engine is incredibly economical, though it could use a few more horses. Before i purchased this car from my father, it had been used every day as a company car. My father is a salesman who is on the road daily with considerable amounts of extra cargo weight added. He was putting 500+ miles on it weekly. This car has had no issues with engine, transmission, torque conv, etc. It currently has 105,432 miles and still runs strong.

My favorite features are the massive trunk space, great gas mileage (34 mpg highway) and 28 city. Lots of legroom and extremely quiet while driving. The chevy malibu also has electronic steering instead of the usual power steering which I find very crisp and provides great driveablity. This car also sticks to the road and has available traction control during our insanely cold connecticut winters. For a 2wd car is performs suprisingly well in winter time driving situations.

I would suggest improving the awkward 4 speed transmission with torque converter. The concept is great and i can understand that the cars shift ratio is set up for good gas mileage but the malibu has an excessive love for low rpm bandwiths which can lead to almost a struggling of the engine to overcome steep inclines. I would also suggest that GM jump on the "not cheap interior" bandwagon and actually outfit the inside of their vehicles with quality items. Other than those mentioned above, the 2007 Chevy malibu is an extremely reliable car, great for a first car or family vehicle. I would suggest this car to any one of my friends or family members.

2007 Malibu
By MoJoDaddy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu recently. This vehicle has been a pleasure since day 1. I've had it into them for general maintenance and each experience has been great. The buying experience was also first rate.

gas mileage, comfort, ease of use.

My last car
By maineak

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Being retired, I picked this used car in mind that it is probably the last car I will have. I have only driven a 1,000 miles but am impressed with gas mileage (28 mpg) around town. The front seat console is poorly designed and I don't seem able to have things easily at my reach. The heater/vent area has a vibration that is annoying and comes and goes when you least expect it. I know if I have it checked out, there will be another vibration when they put it back together so will live with it. The access panel on the passenger side keeps falling off since it is only held there with velcro tabs. Time will tell if I like car. It will have to go some to compete with my 1996 Olds (best car).

Gas mileage Style Gas miles left indicator

front console adjustable driver seat

So far so good
By kennx01

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy and so far I have not had a problem. I have read the other reviews and it seems that the people with the LT 2.2 seem to be the most pleased with their vehicle. The gas mileage is good and this car is a lot more comfortable than the Mazda I had before. I think if Chevy can continue to improve its cars this will not be my last Chevy. Good luck and safe driving to everyone who purchased this car, so far I love Malibu.

Very comfortable. Maybe i'm getting old but this car is a lot more comfortable than the Mazda it replaced.

Heated mirrors, and OnStar on all GM cars.

2007 Malibu
By TOM CRAWFORD

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle for a daily commute of fifty miles. I had been driving a Mitsubishi Galant with 120000 miles on it. My Malibu had 27,800 miles when I bought it off lease. So far I have driven over 1000 miles and have discovered that my mileage at 45mph is 43 mpg, at 55 mph its 39mpg and at 70 mph it is 35 mpg. I am overly pleased with the mpg as well as the ride. I am 6'3 and 280 pounds and I have tons of leg room in the front drivers area. It is a lot of fun to drive and will probably purchase another one

Mileage, ride, and looks