Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Malibu Falling Apart Slowly
By Malibu not so much

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So when I purchased my car it was in top shape. Now I take care of my car. Never a mile over 3000 without an oil change, I pay to have it cleaned. Now the problem with my Malibu is that the parts to the interior are inferior. The less expensive plastic breaks on dash with the tap of passenger knees. The gas cap sensor has gone out at 55000 miles. I have replaced blinker bulbs on 4 occassions and have only had the car to a little over 1 year. Power and comfort a plus, If only Barbie could see her Malibu now.

Leather seating, V6, Gas mileage.

Use more durable parts in the car.

I love my BOO
By smbmp

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Malibu in March of 08. It had 3400 miles on it at the time. I love my car it havent given me any trouble yet. Hopefuly it won't any time soon. Since I got it I have only had to do the normal things like oil and brakes. Oh I can't get my gas cap to stay on. The only thing I dont like about these cars is there front end is ugly. They look like bugs. The car has plenty of power and great handeling once you get use to the torque steering. I think it was wort every penny I paid for it

The auto start, and how smooth it rides, and size.

Whatever makes that cliking sound on the steering column.

Incredible
By heckandarn

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have the 3.5L V-6. I have to tell everyone something. I have never owned a car that would get 39.9 mpg on the highway at 65 mph before. I do now! As incredible as it may seem, that's what I get on a long trip with the cruise control on. With the 200hp v-6 it's very fun to drive! It's been a long time since I've been in a car of this quality, at this price! It's exciting!

Power, MPG. Fun to drive!

What Happend
By Jason

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like the new body style. I think its a vary nice car. And the only complaint I really have is the dic driver info center. The car has some pep not much would've liked to see a 2.4l and OnStar on the base, but all in all it's a car to point a to point b, nothing unique about it.

Although the DIC is junk, it still gives you vital info.

Move the DIC by the guages not in the radio thats just dumb. If you have an error message you can't see the clock or temp. Oh and please standard ABS and traction control! I don't know whose idea it was to merge the dic and radio but it was poorly designed.

We love our Malibu
By Spencer

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Buying the Malibu was a complete accident. It was dark on the car lot and we weren't looking for a Chevrolet. The interior and exterior styling and the roomy interior blew us away. We have put 30,000 miles on the car in two years, long distance and local miles. It has a peppy 6 cyl. engine. Visibility for highway driving is wonderful. We get 38 mpg on highway driving - almost 500 miles to a tank. (no lie) I can drive it from southern Ohio to Buffalo before filling up. It camps: Rear seat folds down and makes enough room to take 2 people, the dog and all the camping gear for several days comfortably. There was a steering column issue- replaced free; no more troubles.

The information center tells you quickly and easily every single thing you want to know; mpg, trip mileage; fuel range, alerts, etc. Sunroof, remote start, fold down rear seat, adjustable pedals, and steering wheel. Roomy, roomy trunk. Lots of air bags. CD player and radio - pretty decent sound.

Clone it. If we could buy a brand new car today that was exactly the same vehicle, we'd be out there doing it right now. We will probably drive this car until it (or we) dies of old age. Not smart perhaps but when you have something that works this well, why mess with it?

• SUV