2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Malibu LS
By mumumumu on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Very reliable car, good engine, fun to drive. Quite large boot and lots of space in rear.

2000 Malibu
By Dmanns on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The brakes are the big problem. Front brakes will constanly need turning as they warp(too much pressure from chassis design). Cold engine tick can be cured with new teflon coated pistons. Problems with the heat/ac/ventilation control, usually need replacing.

2000 CHEVY MALIBU LS
By RonG12 on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS A DOG. DON'T BUY IT. IT'S BEEN NOTHING BUT HEADACHES SINCE DAY 1. BRAKES AND ROTARS REPLACED ON FIVE SEPARATE OCCASSIONS (IT NOW HAS 67,000 MILES ON IT). WATER PUMP REPLACED, BLOWER FAN REPLACED, AND TURN SIGNAL SWITCH REPLACED. SPENT OVER $1500 OUT OF POCKET ON ALL OF THESE "NOT NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" MALFUNCTIONS. GM DOES NOT HELP IN THE LEAST. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LOUSY. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM CAR........NEVER.

the worst buy
By SEGNOR on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is a joke I have four set of brakes and rotors a new fuel injection and now it needs a new intake gasket and the signal lights work half the time and forget them working when it rains. I will never buy chevy product again. And the gas gauge--don't work. THIS CAR IS JOKE!!! DON'T BUY TOO MANY PROBLEMS I plan to trade this spring--I feel sorry for whoever buys the POS!!!!

Purchasing a Honda Accord
By aseratretrac on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

We loved this car when we first purchased it used...read about brake issues, etc. but didn't have any problems with that until after 50,000 (unless those had been repaired before our purchase). Our big problem has been a fuel issue. The car just quits at 65 mph about every 5-6 months. It does that for about two weeks then seems to be fine again. We've had the fuel pump checked, and it seems to be fine. Mechanic can't find a problem, and it's producing no codes...we're now trading vehicles.

reliable four door
By Scott4 on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

no mechanical problems. only had to change oil and replace brake pads

Chevy Malibu
By TF59 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is a good reliable vehicle. Very cost competitive in price and operating costs. I have good results in dealing with the Chevrolet dealer organization. Overall - a good experience with this car.

Thank goodness for Extended Warranty!!
By charpmind on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is a fun car but I had so many problems! The main problem was the brakes - I had SEVERAL sets of brakes and rotors put on, and I do all highway driving so it wasn't my fault. Another problem that scared me was when some sensor went bad and the car started accelerating by itself. The proverbial straw was when it refused to start twice in one week and had to be towed. I have since traded it for a new Honda. I'm so glad I spent the money on the extended warranty - it more than paid for itself!

ITS JUST OK
By Brian Builder on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I agree with all the other reviews that I have read the brakes are terrible. I have also had some additional electrical problems all of which I have seen in the other reviews. These problems are buzzing turn signal, cruise will not stay engaged, blower speed switch stopped working on 1 and 2. The factory tires are horrible; I had to replace them at 27000 miles. There is a knocking sound in the engine when cold. The dealership has been great and I purchased the extended warranty so I have not spent much out of my pocket. I have recently noticed a squeak while driving, I wonder what that could be.

3 years of ownership
By Don in midwest on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. Now 42,000 miles. Starts, runs, everything works. Good balance of size, interior, price. Very tight steering system and corners well. Can do a fairly long road trip with out comfort issues. Dealer has been very good. Had some problems early on. Replaced an engine(3.1L) due to knocking (bad pistons, damaged cylinder) Replacement engine clatters like a diesel when cold but doesn't seem to be an issue when warm and apparently still goes many miles. Gets great mileage 32 mpg highway. Original Firestone tires were junk, started making noise at 30,000 miles. Even though rotated at 6,000.Have not seen the brake problems I hear about.