Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

This Car Turns Heads
By RAYMOND KIMBLE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Since I purchased my Corvette coupe in August 2005 I have experince nothing but pure joy whenever I drive it. I get compliments on a regular basis. This car is not only powerful but its also extremely fun to drive. Believe it or not, I've even been asked by policeman how fast it goes. I always give them the politically correct response of "55 miles per hour". I would recommend this car to anyone!

My favorite features are the engine, the Bose speaker system and the exterior design.

Integrated storage pouches behind each seat.

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the convenience of the push button convertible top. The push button start is much easier than fumbling in your pocket for keys. Best feature of all is the awesome power you feel when you really put your foot in it and hear that sound from the mufflers.

Maybe a little more room in the trunk,but hey, my golf clubs and shoes fit fine. I'll take this baby just like it is!

It's OK
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.

None, really. I'll stick with HDs for the open air.

Figure out a way to get in and out of the car without contorting the body.

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

That nice little growl from 400 horses...Manual transmission smooth and easy, The G-Meter on Heads Up Display,Tight ride with the Z51 perf. upgrade

Are you kidding...is perfection.

My first 4000 miles
By corvette Jim

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove a 2005 Corvette with no intention of buying one. The speed & headlights sold me. It is a very comfortable road car. I took a 2000k mi. trip up hwy 1 to Oregon. I averaged 25.6mpg on Hwy and 20.5 in town on unleaded reg.fuel. I put a Borla touring exhaust on the car as the factory exhaust is too quiet. I am happy with the Borla touring exhaust and X pipe. $1625. The doors are very big and you need plenty of room to get out w/o hitting the car parked next to you. The SB2 package is real nice with the two 6 way adjust. seats, HID, Boze stero & telescoping sterring wheel.It is superior in performance,styling & comfort to the Nissan 350z,Porsche Boxster & the 911 The 911 Turbo is a contender.

Love the Front hd.lights love the power and comfort & quietness crusing. The gas mileage is what they advertise. 20city 25-26 hwy.on reg. unleaded not premium. The 22.4cu.ft.trunk space is great for storage & traveling. I like the Boze stereo. The interior is nicely laid out & excellent quality.

Factory door guards. Less drain on electrical system.ie battery ran down! More low end power and better exhaust like Borla or Corsa. Should sound like a Corvette since it will never be as quiet as a Mercd. or Porsche. Need a better lay out for coffee cups ie too close together. Better gas mileage!