Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

Favorite Features

That nice little growl from 400 horses...Manual transmission smooth and easy, The G-Meter on Heads Up Display,Tight ride with the Z51 perf. upgrade

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding...is perfection.

My first 4000 miles
By corvette Jim

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove a 2005 Corvette with no intention of buying one. The speed & headlights sold me. It is a very comfortable road car. I took a 2000k mi. trip up hwy 1 to Oregon. I averaged 25.6mpg on Hwy and 20.5 in town on unleaded reg.fuel. I put a Borla touring exhaust on the car as the factory exhaust is too quiet. I am happy with the Borla touring exhaust and X pipe. $1625. The doors are very big and you need plenty of room to get out w/o hitting the car parked next to you. The SB2 package is real nice with the two 6 way adjust. seats, HID, Boze stero & telescoping sterring wheel.It is superior in performance,styling & comfort to the Nissan 350z,Porsche Boxster & the 911 The 911 Turbo is a contender.

Favorite Features

Love the Front hd.lights love the power and comfort & quietness crusing. The gas mileage is what they advertise. 20city 25-26 hwy.on reg. unleaded not premium. The 22.4cu.ft.trunk space is great for storage & traveling. I like the Boze stereo. The interior is nicely laid out & excellent quality.

Suggested Improvements

Factory door guards. Less drain on electrical system.ie battery ran down! More low end power and better exhaust like Borla or Corsa. Should sound like a Corvette since it will never be as quiet as a Mercd. or Porsche. Need a better lay out for coffee cups ie too close together. Better gas mileage!

Fast and the Finesse
By RAP1111

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power, which is to be expected from this car, but also great ride and comfort features. The handling makes you feel extremely confident as it feel like it is being force down to the road even as it is getting close to it's 186 MPH top speed and always seems to have lots power available at any speed. I am so glad I have had the abilty to take it out on the autobahn.

Favorite Features

NAV system, heads up display, Engine Power, Convertible top with power option.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player and bluetooth hookups and digital intigrated phone and speaker phone for the bluetooth. Availabilty of a removable hardtop for the convertible option or hardtop convertible.

Still Lovin' My C-6
By L

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had lusted for this car ever since I was a kid and now it's mine. Somebody pinch me! My honey got me this for X- mas last year and it still makes me smile on a daily (at minimum!) basis. And he likes it even more than he ever thought he would. The boys (big and small) love it, but so do the girls! Many thumbs up and "nice car!" comments and at the same time envious stares from the other "moms" that are driving mini-vans and SUVs. If I'm gonna burn the gas, I'll be in a 'Vette! Timing was everything; I'm so glad I waited for the C-6. When asked about my car - and I'm asked ALL the time- I say with a smile "still liking it!" Love, love, love!!!!

Favorite Features

Heads up display, BOSE, heated seats, HP, keyless and the fact that it's all- American.

Suggested Improvements

Plusher interior. Solve the noisy brakes and low-speed vibration problem. Opted for the 6-disk C/D over the nav system, but would have loved to have both.

More fun than the bat mobile.........
By Duane Eilers

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most exciting vehicle I have ever purchased and driven and it is with great pride that I highly recommend the new C6....... you literally will wonder why anyone would require more than 400 HP with that new L2 V8. You will love it!