2002 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Think twice M3
By DB01 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

fun car to dirve but lots of problems. Trans and power train was in the shope 5 times.

The best four seater convertible
By grw on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is great fun to drive, and surprisingly comfortable. The rear seats are usable by adults (rare for this type of car), and the car has more features than you could imagine.

So this is what heaven feels like...
By scipio1 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since I made the mistake of giving up my 1997 M3 for a 2001 330i, I've been itching to get behind the wheel of the E46 M3. It's been well worth the wait. With the 330 goin back at the end of its lease, I decided to indulge in a new M3, this time the convertible. What can I say? Every time I take a corner or shift a gear, I can't help but break out in a big [well, you know what]-eating grin. Life could not be any better than this. Comparing it to the old M3 does the E46 no justice. The new M3 is a beast, a snarling, roaring animal of a car that will frighten old women and small children on the sidewalk as it prowls past.

2002 BMW M3 CiC
By Deb Moore on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! This car is the most exceptional vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of driving. It completely defies description. It isn't my first BMW; I've previous owned (new) a '98 318i and a (new)'01 330i, and though they were nice cars, they just don't come close to the M3. The handling is awesome, the acceleration is awesome, the ride is somewhat harsh (but what can you expect from a sports car? It has a very stiff suspension)and this car is just so much fun to drive. It puts a grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Worth the wait
By EXT on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Extremely fast and fun to drive at this price range (although not cheap) the best combination of value - luxury, power, handling, and investment.

Sports car for family of four
By hamertime on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

With two kids and the urge to have a sports car, the M3 convertible brings together incredible performance, tons of fun, BMW safety and room for the kids in the back. I hate to sound like a commercial, but taking my daughters to school with the top down (which they love) or stretching it out on a country road, this car does it all. I can fit my golf clubs in the trunk. Inside the cockpit, the BMW engineers lay everything at your fingetips. I strongly recommend the SMG transmission, its the only option you really need. Although it holds its value well, you may want to get one used with low mileage to save the 7-8K hit you take in the first year.

Best Sports Car For the Price
By FastWhite on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is hands down the best sports car for the money. Nothing comes close. This is the complete package. Styling, power, handling, and quality. If you are in the market for a $50K sports car look no further...because nothing compares.

2003 BMW M-3 Conv.in Phoenix Yellow
By Ferraristi on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

As the owner of a 1965 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 which had the mishap of NOT dodging a tree last March,and a 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Town&Country conv. that had run its course, I wanted a car for everyday transportation that would provide excitement and performance. The BMW M-3 has outdistanced my hopes and expectations! The Phoenix yellow exterior, cinnamon interior leather, 6- speed trans, 333HP engine, HarmonKardon speaker system, and Navigational system all contribute to providing me with the BEST vehicle I have ever owned.

powerhouse that seats 5
By iamderek on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I see comparisons between 911's and z06's for a car that can seat 5 (very tightly) and can beat any Porche save the turbo and gt2, is built solid, and hauls butt. This is a sports car that isn't really a sports car ie. 2 seats that can hang with some of the best 2 seaters for lots less. If you want style, brute force, and luxury, this is the car to get.

The beastest car ever!
By never dies on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A diablo embodied as a car!!